Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5

iruchemairuchema Posts: 0

Hi!
First im sorry if this isnt the correct forum for this question. If its not, kindly redirect me to the one, please.

Question is: i have DAZ 4.0 installed, downloaded it from the DAZ page when it was free. Now i have downloaded 4.5 (also free), but i am afraid that if i install it, it will wipe out all the content i have installed, poser stuff and DAZ stuff also, along with my scenes.

Can anyone tell me how to upgrade? Thank youuuuuu.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

First of all, you cannot have both DS4 and DS4.5 installed on the same system. It's one or the other.

If you want to upgrade to DS4.5, then you just install it in the usual way. The installer will uninstall DS4 for you, but it does not touch your previously installed content. (Poser or DAZ Studio content)

DS4.5 can open scene files saved with DS4 (.DAZ), but it can only save them as .DUF files (the new format).

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I would also unistall CMS (Content Management System) first before installing anything. :)

• iruchemairuchema Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for answering Jimmy!!!! (and Szark :) )
    What you mean, Szark? Doesnt 4.5 come with a new CMS too?

edited December 1969

yes it does but it doesn't uninstall the old CMS automatically like it does with the main program.

edited December 1969

Ok, thank you very much!!

edited December 1969

If you want to upgrade to DS4.5, then you just install it in the usual way. The installer will uninstall DS4 for you, but it does not touch your previously installed content. (Poser or DAZ Studio content)

Hello!

I have upgraded to DS4.5 succesfully, but now i can't see any content related to Genesis. The thumbs are there but they are empty.
    I lloked in the Knowledge base and found that i should run something called "genesis Starter" or something like that, that supposedly comes with the installation bundle, but i havent got nothing like this whe i downloaded it.

The CMS is runnig, its nothing like that.

Thank you!!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 2012

Did you install GenesisStarterEssentials? The content is now seperate to the main installer. Genesis now comes in DUF format and must be installed again.

Sorry, I didn't read all of your post. Genesis Starter Essentials comes with the main download for DS 4.5, and it should appear in your available downloads area. If you bought DS 4.5 through the store, it will be in your downloads, along with a few other things too. You may need to go onto the next page to see them.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 2012

No you have to download Genesis Essentials from your account page along with the software. It is a separate file.

I am always too slow. :(

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Oh my am i dumb :red:
    Yes it is there.
    Sorry for the nag :)