Where does this folder go? (solved)

H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Hi

I just purchased Flink's tree 4 over at Rendo and in the third zip file there's a folder called Daz4Materials which, unsurprisingly, contains the Daz materials. The problem is I have no idea where to extract this folder to, and it doesn't seem to tell you where to extract it to in the accompanying documentation. So far I've only tried putting it in Runtime> Libraries>Props with the other files, but Daz just doesn't see the files. Could it be because the files are .dsb format?

Any suggestions?

Post edited by H. J. Valdi on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,311
    edited December 1969

Anywhere in a DAZ Studio content directory, except the Runtime, Data and readme's folders - I would suggest a folder called Plants, or Props\Plants, or Environments\Plants.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

So far I've only tried putting it in Runtime> Libraries>Props with the other files, but Daz just doesn't see the files. Could it be because the files are .dsb format?

Yes, that's it — from the beginning, DAZ|Studio has always displayed only Poser items in Runtime Libraries folders and only D|S items in Content folders. Any file in the wrong folder type will not be visible. The special case of "auto-loading D|S settings in a Poser Library" is done by having three files with exactly the same name but different file extensions: one thumbnail pic, one Poser file and one D|S file. These files can be seen because they have a little scroll icon in the corner of the library thumbnail.
  • H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the advice, Richard. I threw it in the props folder and, kersplosion, the files showed up no problem.

Thanks for the info too, SpottedKitty. I learned something new. Yay!