Expressions not working - V4 to V5

SaitoChikaraSaitoChikara Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello... I purchased some V4 and Genesis expressions that suit what I'm looking to achieve with my actor, which is a V5 model.

My issue is that I cannot apply the expressions to my model! I try selecting none, then selecting the head, trying everything I can think of but my actor stays stone-faced. What do I need to do?

~Saito

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi SaitoChikara :)

with facial expressions,. it's either a Preset pose, or a morph, so,.. If you go to the "Parameters" tab after adding the expressions you want,.. there should be some Sliders (in the Head section) which allow you to adjust the strength of the expressions.

Hope it helps :)

• SaitoChikaraSaitoChikara Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, I tried that, it doesn't change any of the expression sliders I already have there.

The reason why I buy the expressions is so I can literally, just import the pose and apply it. I suck at making realistic facial poses (that don't look like the model is having a seizure)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,260
    edited December 1969

V4 expressions won't work on Genesis, which is what V5 is is. The Genesis expressions should, but if they are new morphs instead of just new settings they won't be available on a saved figure from before you installed them - you can get around that by selecting the figure in the scene and double-clicking the base Genesis from the Content Library/Smart Content pane, choosing apply to seelcted if asked what you want to do, and then undoing to restore the previous settings but with the new morphs. You can use the GenX plugin to place the Victroia 4 morphs on Genesis, and to make the preset poses work, but the results won't be identical.

edited December 1969

Well that sucks... does anyone know of an expression pack for V5?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,260
    edited December 1969

Which V5 ddi you get? I thought at least one set of expressions was included, but I got the pro bundle so it may not be in the other sets (pretty sure it wasn't with the base).

edited December 1969

I just bought the base... after buying the Michael5 pro bundle, it didn't leave much left in my budget for Victoria's extras at the time XD

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

There's this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/expressive-for-genesis, and this http://www.daz3d.com/shop/real-emotions-for-daz-studio-4 (for Genesis figures including V5). I own both, and they work fine with V5. There's also this, which I haven't tried, but I believe it works with V5 as well: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/moods-bundle-expressions-for-genesis.

You may know this already, but in case you don't...if you bought something that's not working for you, you can get your money back (as long as it's within 30 days).

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just a heads up, ALL expressions for genesis will work on any genesis shape. They will only look 100% on the genesis character they were designed for. They will need some editing on other characters.