Looking for aspect ratio help

Alright, I bought Bryce. Here's what I'm running into.

I'm trying to render out an image at an aspect ratio that's good for comic pages. These are digital comics that may end up being printed, so the overall size is 10.5" (h) by 7" (w) at 600 DPI.

So, I recognize that Bryce can't render over 4000 dpi, but it's no big deal because the method I'm going to use allows me to render somewhat smaller, then blow it up and give it a painterly look, so the details aren't a problem.

What I need help with is the aspect ratio. Whether I render on screen or render to disc, the aspect ratio is horizontal. I have several choices such as cinemascope, etc, but how can I get it to render out at some variation of 10.5 x 7? For example, I might render it out at 1050 X 700 (h x w), or at 2100 x 1400.

I have a feeling it's right in front of me, but all my searches end up with a Daz Studio discussion, which actually isn't hard to figure out at all.

Thanks in advance!

Richard

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2016

Yup, the answer is right in front of you.

Simply type in whatever size you want your document to be in these boxes and you're done (see attached picture below). laugh

A note here: It's usually easier for setting up purposes if you do some maths and don't set your document bigger that your viewport (on for instance on my laptop, my max size is 1111px x 650px)... So if your finished render need to be bigger, then you can use the "render resolution" options below to render at one and half times, two time, 4 tomes or 4 times the document size (no loss in quality at all doing it that way)

Hope this helps

Screen-shot-2016-11-29-at-21.54.29.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 469K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

PS: Never render to disc, it's unreliable... Always render to screen, you have more control and many more file type options for saving the finished render.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 399

Uncheck the constrain proportions then type in these diminutions. It’s as large as Bryce can do After you have the 3 to 2 ratio set, check the constrain proportions to make the document smaller. Use render to disk to set 600 dpi.

Ratio01.jpg
    411 x 340 - 103K
    edited November 2016

I have those dimensions reversed, you want  a 2 to 3 Ratio

Post edited by S Ray on
  • rnovakrnovak Posts: 12

Holy hell, I was in the Render Settings dialogue and trying to play with the camera setup. Honestly, I couldn't find anything except a definition in the Bryce manual. I really appreciate that!

I'm interested to know how will you blow-up (enlarge ) Bryce's raster graphic renders  so there won't be a loss of quality for printing?  I've done vector graphics  enlargement for printing purposes without a loss of quality.