Completely Irritated!

Before I decide to go and do something rash, like uninstall Daz Studio and wipe my library, can someone PLEASE help me? I updated to 4.5, but I can't see any of my content. I can browse to the folders, but there are no images, no files in the folders, nothing. Normally I could fix the older versions myself, but not this time. I run Windows XP 32-bit. I have all of my studio files on an external hard drive. Sorry if I take awhile to answer, I'm going to lay down for a few hours. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You did install Genesis starter essentials ?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Have you also tried to re-import your metadata?

• edited December 1969

Yes, the only thing that shows up IS Genesis. I'm pulling my hair out. As far as I know, since a lot of my content is older third party content, there isn't any metadata, unless I'm wrong on that in which case I'll still pull my hair out because I've been messing with this for 2 weekends. I haven't messed with Daz for almost 2 years because I've been busy with my daughter, but with winter coming, I'll be inside more. Only so much housework, crocheting, and knitting a person can do.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2012

Yes, the only thing that shows up IS Genesis. I'm pulling my hair out. As far as I know, since a lot of my content is older third party content, there isn't any metadata, unless I'm wrong on that in which case I'll still pull my hair out because I've been messing with this for 2 weekends. I haven't messed with Daz for almost 2 years because I've been busy with my daughter, but with winter coming, I'll be inside more. Only so much housework, crocheting, and knitting a person can do.

Have you looked in the Content Library (not Smart Content) > Poser Formats?

Are you sure the external drive is mapped correctly ? (Content Directory Manager...under Preferences)

Also, SC is 'context sensitive'...select Genesis and the Smart Content should change...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • edited December 1969

I was using my old content set up from version 2.3 which I never really had a problem with.
    Yep. I didn't even look at the smart content window until today. All I've been working with was the content directory.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If it's on an external drive...does XP see the drive?

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Management will it let you add that drive?

• edited December 1969

Yep. I've had the external for a year less than I've been working with Daz. I bought it specifically to house my content library. My next move is going to be completely wipin my content and reinstalling everything.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There should be no need at all to reinstaall everything.

I am still using my content inside DS 4.5 which was installed for DS2 and DS3. You MUST make sure that the folder that holds that content is mapped inside DS 4.5, and then it will all appear in the Content Library tab, most of it under Poser Formats, but some will be under DAZ Studio Formats.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, and list your content folder on your external drive as BOTH DAZ Studio and Poser Formats as shown below. The new default location for content in DS4 is called 'My Library' and it is the new name for 'Content', but you can use any name you like.

As you can see from the image below, I have my DS3 content folder declared as a Poser AND DS library, that is because it contains DS items and a Poser Runtime folder as well. Do you have your folders listed correctly. Make sure that it is the folder which 'holds' the runtime folder which is declared, and not the runtime folder itself.

Untitled-1.jpg
    538 x 758 - 209K
  • edited December 1969

Tried both. I always set both my DAZ and Poser to the same locations. I don't know what the deal is. I guess my only consolation is that my content did need organizing. Lol.