Database totally broken

Freelancer604Freelancer604 Posts: 0

I dont know what I did, but my content library is totally broken. Ever since I opened daz the other day, the search returns zero results and all the figures and corresponding poses that I had organized into products in the products list are gone. Reinstalling daz or telling it to search directories for new files did not help.. I cant get to my custom defined expressions, poses, lights or outfits..Help?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It sounds like the Content Management Service (CMS) is not running.

If you are on Windows, look in the Task Manager to see if it is running, if not, go to the Start menu and find the DAZ 3D folder and restart it from there.

• Freelancer604Freelancer604 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think thats part of the problem. When I start daz, the manager service does not automatically start with it. I have to manually start it in my windows services pane. Even when its running it does nothing though, search still doesnt even respond @.@

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You should uninstall the CMS before anything else. Then reinstall DAZ Studio, and that will install the latest version of CMS. If you do not uninstall the CMS first, then the main installer will not install the latest version.

You don;t say what version you are using, but it doesn't really matter whether it is DS4 or DS4.5, the same thing applies.

edited December 1969

Ah thx Ill try that since i guess im left with no choice. Going to have to spend hours databasing all the poser format stuff again uuugh. Im using 4.5.1.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

You should uninstall the CMS before anything else. Then reinstall DAZ Studio, and that will install the latest version of CMS. If you do not uninstall the CMS first, then the main installer will not install the latest version.

You don;t say what version you are using, but it doesn't really matter whether it is DS4 or DS4.5, the same thing applies.

Ignore the warning that the CMS uninstaller throws up...kind of pointless saying that uninstalling the CMS will make it not work.

edited December 1969

Lol i just reinstalled everything and restarted... its just as it was before. Now im noticing that the manager service actually STOPS running when I open daz. When I force it on again, task manager says its running, but it doesnt do anything in daz (still wont search).

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

That sounds a bit like what I had recently. The CMS stops working in mid-flight, stops just as DS starts (just after splash screen clears).

I got round it by simple expedient of, with the CMS stopped, copying the CMS database directory, then deleting the original database files. Restarting the CMS should repopulate with basic files, then you can process metadata and import metadata from the DB maintenance pop-up menu in the content library.

As an aside I also tried to reset database first (before deleting the files) but something went a little wrong, I think, and the process ground to a halt after it had eaten up the remaining 25GB or so of my hard disk ... ;)

edited December 1969

Thx everyone, i think its working as intended now. Had to customize the install and put it in a different directory. Sigh.. gonna take a LONG time to reorganize everything now :P