Install Victoria 4 error

lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Poser pro 2012
windows 7 64 bit

Hi,
my pc crash, i had to reinstall windows 7 so poser and all contents.
I reinstall poser 32 and 64 bit then, without reinstall updated sr 3, sr3.1 i begin to reinstall all contents:
i have 2 runtime directories;
"E/Pser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content"
"E/Pser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content V4" where i install Victoria 4 and all her files

I lunch Victoria 4 installation file "ps_pe069_Victoria4.exe"
installation let me choose Daz/Poser file, i choose "poser file" and i get an error message:

"There has been an error.
Error reading INI file c:\Program files (x86)\Common files\DAZ\dzInstall.ini
The application will exit now"

Every contents that i try to reinstall where installed already, exact same directories, the exact same machine, nothing has changed, i had just to reinstall windows 7 cause i big crash so what i have to do to make things work?
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There are problems from time to time installing V4 for Poser. The best thing to do, is to select DAZ Studio as the target application, and EXACTLY the same files will be installed. If that does not fix the missing .INI file error, create a blank text file called 'dzinstall.ini' where the V4 installer is looking for it, that may help. Just make sure to remove the .TXT extension for the text file.

DZInstall.ini is created when DAZ Studio is installed, and it contains information as to where the application and content is installed, but it should not be needed for Poser at all.

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Thanks a lot,
    i have 2 pcs (workgroup connected) in one is installed Daz Studio, in the other poser pro 2012 so we are talking about a pc with poser pro installed,
    Studio is not installed.
    The ‘dzinstall.ini’ that you sugegst to create, where i have to put it? Inside Poser pro installation directory?

Windows 7 64 bit
    Poser is installed as default in "C:/Program Files/Poser Pro 2012/", i installed 32 and 64 bit versions
    i have 2 runtime directories;
    “E/Pser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content” default content
    “E/Pser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content V4” where i install Victoria 4 and all her files

I try to install Victoria choosing, when installation ask, poser file the first time, Daz file the second as target applications, in both cases i got the above mentioned error.
    Installation then stop, error message display and window close so i dont have even time to point installation to “E/Pser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content V4” cause the error message displays after that i choose poser or Daz file target applications.
    In “E/Pser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content V4” i also put a dammy file named "poser.exe" made by a txt file.

In the exact same machine before it crash i installed the same copy of poser pro, no daz studio was installed, i instralled victoria 4 some related files and i did not get this trouble.

Any suggestions please, i repeat we are talking about a pc in which i installed poser pro, Daz SZtudio is NOT installed
    Thanks a lot!

Post edited by lannabulls on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Your original error message was this I believe:

“There has been an error.
    Error reading INI file c:\Program files (x86)\Common files\DAZ\dzInstall.ini
    The application will exit now”

I think you would need to put a dummy file called dzinstall.ini into the folder C:\Program files (x86)\Common files\DAZ

I have not heard of this error recently, is the file you are installing ps_pe069_Victoria4.exe a recently downloaded one, or have you had it for a long time? It might be worth resetting the file from your Itemised Order History, and redownloading it. That may get you a newer version. I am sorry you are having so much trouble. If that doesn't work, I will try to get someone from the DAZ Studio Discussion Forum to drop in here and help out.

The normal error for Poser users, is the 'Can't find the Poser executable' when they choose Poser as the target app. You seem to know about that one, and the way to fix it is to use DS as the target app, or create a blank text file called Poser.exe which you have done.

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot!
    Sorry for my late reply, i was out my country cause my job, i was without internet connection.

So inside
    "C:\Program files (x86)\Common files\"
    i must create a directory named
    "DAZ"
    no daz studio is installed in my pc, only poser pro, inside i create i dummy txt file named
    "dzinstall.ini"
    confirm it please so i'm going to do it.

Victoria file that gives the error is
    "ps_pe069_Victoria4"
    i bought it 6 months ago about, it is no longer there in my account download section, all the files that i bought after a while disapear, after a few months they no longer available, i back up all files that i bought.
    What is strange is that we are talking about the exact same machine, exact same hardware, software, same copy of windows 7, my pc crashed, i had to format and reinstall windows 7 and every softwares. A few months ago in the exact same machine that crash, as soon as i bought poser pro and Victoria 4 base (some Victoria files related), i installed it in the exact same machine and i did not get this error.

I know about the normal error for Poser users, ‘Can’t find the Poser executable’, that is the reason why in my directory
    “E/Pser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content V4” where i install Victoria 4 and all her related files
    i put a dummy file named "poser.exe"
    Thank a lot!