Problems with autofit

iruchemairuchema Posts: 0

Hi!
Recently installed 4.5 over 4.0 and (after a few starting problems) things seemed ok, but now this happens: before, when i loaded a piece of cloth with an V4 figure selected, it automagically fitted to it, with more or less luck. If it didnt fit well, i could always right click on the figure, and do the "transfer morphs" thingie. Now, when i load the cloth, it dont fit automatic, a dialogue appears to "fit to", like it was an ussupported type of object (wich it didnt happened before). And the options do not show in this dialogue, not wich figure was the item designed for (always show "unsupported"), and "what type of item it is" always is grey, not selectable.

Please help? Thank youuuuuuuu

Comments

• iruchemairuchema Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Im sorry, it seems to happen when i use a figure i saved as Character preset with the 4.5 version, going for all the procedure of converting to triax mapped and all that stuff ...., not when i use the same figure saved as character preset with 4.0 .......

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Autofit is designed to fit clothing earlier clothing to Genesis, and it should not pop up for a V4 figure.

Are you saying that you saved a V4 figure as a character preset and converted it to triax weight mapping? I have never done that. Can you not save your V4 model as a Scene or Scene Subset, and then you can merge it into any other scene from the menu. Is there a particular reason that you want to change the V4 weight mapping?

edited December 1969

Please wait a moment, im gathering info... :)

edited December 1969

Thank you for answering!

I havent explained well... With 4.0, i used to: load a V4 figure, then apply a character preset i did, all goes well.
    But then i tried to save a figure i did like that, as character preset (a new one) with 4.5. It popped up "You must select a triax weight mapped figure to....", so i did "convert figure to weight mapping- triax weight mapping". THEN i tried to save as character, it says "You must save figure support assets before....", so i do in "save as-suppot assets-figure/prop assets". THEN i can save as character preset.
    And then the autofit thingie wont work :P

edited December 1969

There is no need to convert anything. In DS 4.5 you can still save a Gen 4 figures (V4, M4 etc) as a Character Preset by using the Save As > Deprecated > Character Preset (ds*)

You can also save it as a Scene, or Scene Subset, and Merge the complete character into any other scene.

edited December 1969

Guess so... so if i save as character "4.5 style" the autofit is gone.... and if i save it as 4.5 scene? I mean, create the figure with a preset 4.0, then save the scene aS 4.5 (duf), the autofits will still work?

edited December 1969

Ok, i have tried and seen that that works :)
    Can i ask you here another question regarding uninstalling-installing or do i have to open another topic?

Thank you very much :)

edited December 1969

I can't be certain, but it should work.

Why not give it a try. The Deprecated option works, I tried it.

edited December 1969

iruchema said:
    Ok, i have tried and seen that that works :)
    Can i ask you here another question regarding uninstalling-installing or do i have to open another topic?

Thank you very much :)

Cross post.

Yes, ask away :)

edited December 1969

Ok, Lets say i want to uninstall completely DAZ and reinstall form scratch.
    1. How do i keep my presets, scenes (4.0 and 4.5), etc?
    2. Do i have to uninstall manually all the content ? I mean, all the things i installed, like sets for V4, Clothes... also the poser stuff i installed manually. In reume, all that i have uninstallers for.

Please, give something like a guide, something like "first, run the exe this and that from DAZ, then this another one for the genesis, then this for the plugins.... " and so on. Or point me to the right post... thanks again.

edited December 1969

iruchema said:
    Ok, Lets say i want to uninstall completely DAZ and reinstall form scratch.
    1. How do i keep my presets, scenes (4.0 and 4.5), etc?
    2. Do i have to uninstall manually all the content ? I mean, all the things i installed, like sets for V4, Clothes... also the poser stuff i installed manually. In reume, all that i have uninstallers for.

Please, give something like a guide, something like "first, run the exe this and that from DAZ, then this another one for the genesis, then this for the plugins.... " and so on. Or point me to the right post... thanks again.

First of all, you do not need to uninstall anything to upgrade from DS4 to DS4.5, the installer for 4.5 will uninstall DS4 first, and it will only uninstall the files which it installed in the first place. It will no uninstall user content at all.

If you are reinstalling DS4.5 again, or on top of an earlier version of 4.5, the same thing happens. The installer will offer to remove the previous version, and you should allow it to do that. You content will not be affected, and any saved scenes or other user content will not be touched.

If you reinstall Genesis Starter Essentials, the base content will be removed and replaced with the newer versions. In the case of Genesis, most of the DSF files will be replaced by DUF files. DS 4.5 can still read .DAZ files, but it will not resave them in that format. The new format is .DUF, and DS4.5 can open either format, but it can only save as DUF.

To recap.

You do not need to uninstall anything, the installer will do that.
    Your user content like saved scenes and presets will not be affected.
    Most of the Plugins for DS 4.5 are contained within the main application installer. If you use the Photoshop plugin or the GoZ plugin, these will need to be installed seperately.
    The Animate2 plugin does not need to be installed, if you have bought it, then the serial number will unlock it, the same applies to Decimator which will only work if you have already purchased it, it is not free.

Does that help?

edited December 1969

mmmh... iguess what i want to do is put a little order in the mess my content is :)
    But the better way to do that would be create custom categories and all that, wont it?
    And get rid of things that dont work, etc.... as i said, its a mess :D

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2012

added to what Jimmy said above I would uninstall CMS using the uninstaller before doing anything else. DS4.5 won't uninstall the old CMS and sometimes that can cause issues, well it did for me. :)

Also here is how I have my content http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11176/ It may help you decide on what and how you want things organised. Also make sure you never install content in to Program Files if on Windows.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much to both of you :)