Animation club Week #4 starting, Story Decided . Tango Alpha's Sea Escape story.

Comments

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 2016

Here is the updated or more complete corridor scene and the cafeteria or mess hall with the characters(quick pose) at the table ready for some grub. I added most of the elements people have modeled so far. 

CafetTablePrelim2.jpg
    1095 x 760 - 104K
    CorridorPrelim2.jpg
    1388 x 779 - 129K
    Post edited by mmoir on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Gorgeous!

And that's the door from which the water floods through, right?

This is so cool!

I worked on the opeing scene a little and here is a low resolution animation of the ship in the water. I think once the sound is added this will work and I think I will also zoom in a little more towards the ship. 

Yes, that is the bulkhead door at the end of the corridor.

Gorgeous!

And that's the door from which the water floods through, right?

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Opening anim looks very good.

I have a start on a Life Vest.  Still need a belt, loops and a buckle. Here is what I have so far.

LifeJacket_20.png
    640 x 480 - 32K
    zip
    zip
    LifeVest.zip

Disregard the earlier life vest.  I've a bit better one.  Only lacks a D ring and a Snap.  Should be good as is as long as there is no close-up.

LifeJacket_31.png
    640 x 480 - 36K
    zip
    zip
    LifeVest_2.zip

Looks good.yes

wgdjohn said:

Disregard the earlier life vest.  I've a bit better one.  Only lacks a D ring and a Snap.  Should be good as is as long as there is no close-up.

Thanks Mike... your approval means a lot to me.  The belt and loops need a bit more work.  D ring is no problem but a snap I'm still trying to figure out but I'll get one eventually. :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

wow.. amazing stuff ... watching an idea blossum yes

• Stezza'a ship, and the inside set are so well done that I would consider buying them as a package if I saw them in the Daz store.

Super impressed with your talent, folks!

Here is an update.  I have the animation of the camera for the first 2 clips on the ship, no character animation but I added a rough soundtrack . Next I will try and match the character animation to the soundtrack. 

• Looks like we are moving super-fast and everyone is frozen in time! :)

An update, here is the 2nd and 3rd scenes with animation of the characters roughed in, very low resolution still so things render fast..  I will upload the scene minus the characters for other people to use a little later, the file with the characters is over 200mb which is pretty huge for uploading/downloading. 

Mike,  Looks great. Guy with blue shirt looks great.  Guy with tan shirt arm moves a bit fast and perhaps too far... guess he is eating off plate.  I'm wondering if keyframe for position near chin could be move later to create slower movement while giving an idea of eating before becoming occluded by blue shirt guy... Please let me know if that is right.  May just be me thinking I know what I'm talking about.  As with anything you do it's looking very wonderful.

Hopefully it becomes a little clearer when it is rendered out in larger resolution.  The guy in blue flings something at the young guy in the tan shirt , that is why the guy in tan flinches or moves quickly. The guy in tan is not eating anything.    

wgdjohn said:

Mike,  Looks great. Guy with blue shirt looks great.  Guy with tan shirt arm moves a bit fast and perhaps too far... guess he is eating off plate.  I'm wondering if keyframe for position near chin could be move later to create slower movement while giving an idea of eating before becoming occluded by blue shirt guy... Please let me know if that is right.  May just be me thinking I know what I'm talking about.  As with anything you do it's looking very wonderful.

Just FanTasTic!!! Bravo, Animation Club!!! Bravo!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

a spam fight.. woohoo yes

great work for sure 

Thanks Mike... Hadn't caught blue shirt guy's hand movement before. Doh!

edited January 2017

Here is the ship carrara file minus the characters , the characters bump up the size to well over 200mb so I didn't include those. The images show the cafeteria and corridor views.

Here is the link to the carrara file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-aBvxIlPU5GUGxVZEhvUVdoVFk

Cafetria5sample.jpg
    1263 x 716 - 128K
    Cafetria5view2sample.jpg
    1257 x 700 - 109K
    Post edited by mmoir on
  • All this is very impressive.

The animation with the ship in the rain and the lightning flashing in the clouds is great.  I'm not sure how the effects were done in the sky - actually, to be honest, I just don't know how they were done. 

Marcus,  I'm willing to bet that the lightening effects are simply objects that don't exist or are invisible until needed to flash, be visible for a very short time. The rain might be fast moving objects or a particle emmiter.  Wonder how wrong I am?  Whatever was used does add realism to the scene.

The lightning was done usnig the "Brightness" feature of the volumetric clouds , I just animated the 2 different cloud master objects  "Brightness" levels from low to very bright bursts to mimic lightning. I added the rain in Corel Videostudio using the Boris Graffiti filter    

All this is very impressive.

The animation with the ship in the rain and the lightning flashing in the clouds is great.  I'm not sure how the effects were done in the sky - actually, to be honest, I just don't know how they were done. 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    mmoir said:

Here is the ship carrara file minus the characters , the characters bump up the size to well over 200mb so I didn't include those. The images show the cafeteria and corridor views.

Here is the link to the carrara file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-aBvxIlPU5GUGxVZEhvUVdoVFk

I have a question I've never seen asked.  Is it OK to download these files if you are not working on the animation?  I'm not deep enough into the program to be any help here - yet - but I really like the sets.

UB,  You and anyone are welcome to any objects that I've posted and are welcome to modify them... a few are not that great but good for animation... If I were makeing them for a static scene I'd pay more attention to detail but that would take me longer of course... since I'm rather slow and a perfectionist who seldom reaches perfection, IMO.

If you want to learn animation I suggest Animation Exercises to do. Exercise #5 "Bounce.".  Or perhaps you want to model objects... check out my modeling thread Modeling Objects in Carrara - Q&A - Come One and All in which I've gotten a lot of help from many great modelers and PA's.  At the top are links to other modeling threads, video tutorials and pay tutorials.

UnifiedBrain,As far as I am concerned you can.  I thought I responded to this post earlier but it never showed up. 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Thanks mmoir and wgdjohn!    For sure, I didn't want to be disrespectful of your efforts here.

I look forward to seeing how this project eventually turns out,  Looks very cool so far.

And wgdjohn, as for starting to learn animation and modeling, I've got PhilW in my corner.  His tutorials are keeping my plate full at this point.

Thanks mmoir and wgdjohn!    For sure, I didn't want to be disrespectful of your efforts here.

I look forward to seeing how this project eventually turns out,  Looks very cool so far.

And wgdjohn, as for starting to learn animation and modeling, I've got PhilW in my corner.  His tutorials are keeping my plate full at this point.

How incredbly respectful! Very cool, UB! yes

I may be getting time again soon. If you folks would like some help with this, I'll be happy to if you're still working on it by then.

I'll let you know when I can join in.