D&D Kobolds (Draconic Versions)

PipefoxPipefox Posts: 113
edited December 2016 in Product Suggestions

If anyone ever felt like designing some Dungeons & Dragons style kobolds, I would eagerly buy such a product. They're such fun and interesting creatures. :)

kobold1.jpg
1000 x 1272 - 200K
kobold2.jpg
719 x 1000 - 78K
Post edited by Pipefox on

Comments

• this guy might be one to ask

http://www.threednd.com/

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,908

Reptilian 6 is awfully close. I bet you could morph the head a bit to get closer

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Reptilian 6 is awfully close. I bet you could morph the head a bit to get closer

I thought that someone had done a set of spikes for Rept6. but I looked and couldn't find them...there are various spikes around that could be fitted.

• PipefoxPipefox Posts: 113

These are fun suggestions, guys! Thank you! smiley

Another suggestion...

If you have The Kids 4 and morphs, then this set...

http://www.daz3d.com/grimlens ;

There are two problems with it...the feet and the lack of a tail.

edited December 2016

It's much closer to the 'original' than the current version of the kobold...

grimlen.png
    640 x 640 - 89K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on

That little figure would make a very good goblin! :)

He's a lot like MY version of D&D's kobold...considering I started back in 1978.

• Perhaps, I'm not the D&D expert...but way back when I was playing it, the Kobolds looked more like Wile E. Coyote with blue black hair, than these more lizardish versions.

Pipefox said:

Perhaps, I'm not the D&D expert...but way back when I was playing it, the Kobolds looked more like Wile E. Coyote with blue black hair, than these more lizardish versions.

It's not your imagination! :) They did used to look like that. They were redesigned when 3rd Edition came out, so they've been lizard-like for quite some time now.

I'm hoping to find a product that looks like the updated lizard version. I'm a gamer who likes making 3D versions of characters that my husband and I play, and he has a kobold character.

Reptilian 6 pretty close, but a bit little too tough and intimidating. Kobolds are little guys. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,908

This apparently is the current form:

So, basically, Reptilian + horns and a weird nose.

• I used them at 2.40 on this video I made for my late friend Jaderail who was into AD&D

That's a good suggestion! I had thought of as well! I bought them and gave them a try, but I use Iray, and they didn't look nice in Iray. But they're pretty darn close to being what I'm looking for. Maybe if they ever got an update someday they'd be perfect. 

Your video was cool. The breakdancing skeletons made me laugh. ^_^

• Pipefox said:
    Pipefox said:

Perhaps, I'm not the D&D expert...but way back when I was playing it, the Kobolds looked more like Wile E. Coyote with blue black hair, than these more lizardish versions.

It's not your imagination! :) They did used to look like that. They were redesigned when 3rd Edition came out, so they've been lizard-like for quite some time now.

I'm hoping to find a product that looks like the updated lizard version. I'm a gamer who likes making 3D versions of characters that my husband and I play, and he has a kobold character.

Reptilian 6 pretty close, but a bit little too tough and intimidating. Kobolds are little guys. 

Interesting...I wonder why D&D opted for changing them instead of just adding another race.  Not like it matters...obviously, a Dungeon Master can put whatever they want in their dungeon. ;)  I had the first version of Everquest when it came out.  That game used the older style Kobold.  I don't remember if they had a lizard man race or not.