Paypal Disappeared!

Mortar MoppMortar Mopp Posts: 116
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Why is Paypal no longer a payment option?

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Greg_B said:

I'll hazard a guess because it was um, not being very helpful in returning funds thus canceling entire orders which people had bought and paid for and thought they had, like for keeps.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Greg_B said:

I'll hazard a guess because it was um, not being very helpful in returning funds thus canceling entire orders which people had bought and paid for and thought they had, like for keeps.

That would be one way to solve the problem...

What Patience55 is referring to is a change in PP's policies, recently. Instead of giving a partial refund, when a single item in a multi-item order was cancelled, the entire order was cancelled.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Uhm, not sure what you guys are talking about...
    I still have a Paypal button when i go to checkout. And I can't imagine Daz would stop processing payments via Paypal just because of the new return policy.

edited December 1969

Well, I could hazard another guess that that might depend upon how many people that all happened for.

However just now I put the Daz Horse 2 which is advertized at $19.58 into the cart.

The cart drops down with a price of only $27.97.

Yes I see Paypal is showing as an option ... but I think everybody knows what I did next.

Okay ... I'm waiting for that Horse to become 'free' .... this is silly.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

I'll have a guess too : Platinum Club memberships can not be payed for by Paypal, so if you're buying that there will be no Paypal option on checkout...

edited December 1969

That would be very logical.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

I sure hope Paypal will continue to be an option to pay here because it's the only way I can shop on the internet. :ohh:

Love, Jeanne

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

I just ran some checks and it does appear that the only product that cannot be purchased directly with Paypla is the PC renewal or joining fee. Every other product should show a Paypal option for you.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Is that going to be fixed anytime soon Chohole?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

pass ;-)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I remember when we had to buy a GC using our Credit card so that we could buy PC membership, there seems to be some agreement with the CC companies about that now. Maybe there is a problem with PayPal along the same lines?

• 12rounds12rounds Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Well I pay two recurring Spotify subscriptions with PayPal without problems. So it doesn't seem to be a problem for some companies to make it work.