Are there other places that sell Carrara native assets?

Besides the DAZ store? I wonder if there are any awesome products like World Gardens Maze, Tangy Apple Orchard, or Night and Day City hiding at other vendors I don't know about.

--MW

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    edited December 2016

That might have to be a yes/no answer in here... Renderosity has a few things that might help keep Carrara alive for Daz Inc. :^)

A few of the freebie providors at sharecg may list local web-sites where they sell their own stuff as well, might be a link trail there. Some of the signatures in here also point to web-sites that might have resources.

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited December 2016

MW,  As mindsong said keep an eye on the signatures. For free stuff have your checked out Google Drive? I just checked the Public section and there are plenty of 3Dmodels, Carrara scenes and more.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

I've used google drive for file-specific one-offs (like dropbox), but didn't know they had a public space. Good pointer! (I think - that's all I need is more resources to find/download/categorize/retexture/convert/... - no wonder I never seem to render anything... it's an illness methinks, but I . can't . help . myself . click click click click... :^)

tnx,

--ms

• Yep, lol, I'm one of those with freebies on my GoogleDrive (see signature), I even have there a file named CityBuilder for some time now (one of my abandoned/unfinished projects: there are buildings, props and low poly cars in it with streets and lights).

Everything there can be used with no restrictions at all (even commercial purposes, credit would be nice, but, it is not required) ...

Cheers smiley

ooooh more shiny!

(you realize you're not helping things at all here, right?) click click click (add new drive) click click click

tnx/cheers,

--ms

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI ModernWizard

There should be some free things on CarraraCafe,.

ShareCG is also a useful place to share 2D/3D stuff,.

you should be able to find some Carrara specific free items, as well as Poser and DS items.

If you have a bunch of carrara scenes with good tree's and plants,. you can also use those to create your own personal scene. (not for resale)

create a terrrain, or model a surface, then add some plants or objects from different scenes, and use a surface replicator to apply those to the surface, use a B/W image to control distribution.

You can create your own trees / plants from scratch, in the plant editor,. and you can model your own Leaves, flowers,berries, fruit, etc.

the leaf section of the plant editor allows multple leaf models, with different distributions.

Hope it helps :)

• wgdjohn said:

MW,  As mindsong said keep an eye on the signatures. For free stuff have your checked out Google Drive? I just checked the Public section and there are plenty of 3Dmodels, Carrara scenes and more.

I didn't know there was a public section of Google Drive; I thought it was just individual storage space. What is the link to the Carrara area, if there is a direct one?

Yep, lol, I'm one of those with freebies on my GoogleDrive (see signature), I even have there a file named CityBuilder for some time now (one of my abandoned/unfinished projects: there are buildings, props and low poly cars in it with streets and lights).

Everything there can be used with no restrictions at all (even commercial purposes, credit would be nice, but, it is not required) ...

Cheers smiley

CityBuilder sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out.

mindsong, you're right [click click click]...All these freebies [click click click]... :D

--MW

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 2016

Well, just a warning, that CityBuilder scene is abandoned project (unfinished), but there is lots of useful objects in it (it is using free Sparrowhawke's plugin/s as well) smiley

Screen shot below ...

City.jpg
    1728 x 972 - 652K
    Post edited by FifthElement on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 2016

Edit:  - comment moved to correct thread

Post edited by Diomede on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    wgdjohn said:

I didn't know there was a public section of Google Drive; I thought it was just individual storage space. What is the link to the Carrara area, if there is a direct one?

MW, the only one I know is from FifthElement's sig.

• I have some stuff at ShareCG. The earlier stuff is proof of concept or scene files I put up because of discussions on how to do stuff in threads here. I also have a fixed smoke particle emitter that can cause issues in Carrara after version 7. There are some high res spherical renders in the older stuff as well. The newer stuff is better I think. There are procedural skin textures V4 and V3/A3, a couple fun articulated models including a holiday light string and a Martian War Machine inspired by George Pal's 1953 War of the Worlds movie.

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=evilproducer

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

I've also put a few things on ShareCG over the years - I've actually got a couple of other things that I was thinking of putting there, must get around to it!