I can't get Bryce to install no matter what I do

Hi everyone, here is one for the strange files. My copy of Bryce got erased along with Daz Studio. I reinstalled Daz but now I cannot get Bryce to reinstall and I have tried like ten times. It says the default directory does not exist and do I want to proceeed? I say yes and it shows the program being installed but it will no load and it is not listed in the Daz directory. I have uninstalled daz twice and reinstlled to try and fix this but Im stumped. It also asked me one time if I wanted to erase the previous copy and it said yes. But then I cannot install in again...Any ideas?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

What operating system are you running?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Please install Bryce manually, using the .exe installer that is in your product Library.   Bryce does not play nicely with DIM

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,499

DIM ist the Daz Studio Install Manager and does not work very well for Bryce, Carrara or Hexagon. Do a manual install. Bryce can be installed on any drive in any folder and subfolder of your choice. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

BTW   suddenly realised,  you are saying it asked if you wanted to uninstall the previous copy,  this sopunds mor as though you are trying to install a content file, and not the actual Bryce installer.

Bryce_7.1.0.108_Win32.exe  is the actual Bryce program file

• mjc1016 said:

What operating system are you running?

• Im running windows ten. I will try to install to a custom directory. Thank you