Daz Studio and Multiple Processors

tiagoandriottitiagoandriotti Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello guys, I`ve got a new question:

Do DS 3 Advanced x64 and DS 4.5Pro support multiple processors?

I thought I could build a computer with 2 processors in order do have a faster render in DS. I just want to be sure it is possible to do that and use 100% of both processors.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, I have a quad core i7, and it uses all cores and threads, 8 in all.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yes, it will support as many cores as you can throw at it (it counts cores, not physical processors...)

I used to run DS2 and 3 on a dual CPU machine (single core processors, but two of them...). DS3 used both.

• tiagoandriottitiagoandriotti Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Thanks mjc1016 :)

I will make plans for a dual processor computer then.

In the last comparison I did it was cheaper build a dual processor computer 3,6 ghz 4cores than buying a computer with the top processor 3,5 6core.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Make sure that if you run multiple instances you use task manager and "set affinity" to set each to a different core or cores. I have to do this every time because, while DAZ does handle multicores, it does not automatically parcel out instances and will lag one or both until you tell the computer to assign x process to x processors.

• tiagoandriottitiagoandriotti Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Sure. In my 4 core (8 treads) I often to let 7 treads to the render and 1 for browsing internet, sometimes 6/2, and when I go sleep I set Daz to use all the 8 treads.

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Some time ago someone told me on this forum that in DAZ Studio could only use 2 processor cores, no matter if I had 4. Now today if I have 8 cores processor, DAZ Studio rendering with 8 cores?

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

Some time ago someone told me on this forum that in DAZ Studio could only use 2 processor cores, no matter if I had 4. Now today if I have 8 cores processor, DAZ Studio rendering with 8 cores?

The 3Delight built into Studio has had an unlimited number of cores for many years.

The free 3Delight you can get direct from DNA Research went from a 2-core limit to 4 cores about a year ago.