Opinion needed

Hello everyone.

I need your opinion because I have to render a work in a very high resolution. I just can't make my choice between the first render with pines trees covered with snow and the second one without.

I thank you all in advance for your advice.

with snow.jpg
1800 x 500 - 708K
without snow.jpg
1800 x 500 - 629K

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,499

It's mostly what looks like snow on the trees as I can see when blink comparing the two. In this size, the one without snow looks better to me but I'm almost certain that the one with snow looks great on a bigger render. You also get a better feeling for depth.

• Both are good.  The one without snow has a more gloomy atmosphere and because of the lack of snow on the branches it is easer to see (due to the haze) one tree from another where they are close together or overlapping.  The snowy one, is less gloomy and may make a better picture but I find it slightly less plausable because of the seemingly random snow distribition in the branches.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 2016

@Horo and David :

Thank you! I've show my picture to some of my friends here, also to my girlfriend and my daughter, verdict : the one with no snow rank first for all. The critics are the same as David write about the hazy effect. With no snow each tree stands out, showing their shapes depending of the depth of field.

I must admit that I am glad that the one with no snow was the favourite because, the snow layer is doubling the render time (I have make a simple test on a single crop).

Now my computers are rendering the picture at the incredible size of 7200 per 2000 pixels.

Once again I thank you for your precious help!

Post edited by c-ram on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

Maybe too late, but I agree with David. When blinking, I see that the snow is not 'logical' and also, only on the first row of trees. The one without snow works better for me.

Oh thank you Hansmar! Nice to see that you prefer the picture with no snow on trees.

Let me know your mail box if you want me to send you the render at full size.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

without - and even knowing it's a render, I can't tell.

beautiful!

I hope the hi-rez version carries (or betters) the effect!

--ms

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884
    c-ram said:

Oh thank you Hansmar! Nice to see that you prefer the picture with no snow on trees.

You're welcome. Thanks for offering sending the full res version. Did you consider something like Dropbox, so others (in this forum) could enjoy as well?

Hansmar said:
    c-ram said:

You're welcome. Thanks for offering sending the full res version. Did you consider something like Dropbox, so others (in this forum) could enjoy as well?

Yes, I am thinking about a Dropbox link because the final picture is going to be really big in term of fîle size. I'm only going to share this link with people interested, so, they can contact me using P.M.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I actually prefer the one with snow on the trees.