Finding content (Buddha statues) in Carrara

Hi - 

I have this product (Buddha statues) in DAz Studio http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/10899/start ;

How can I locate in inside of Carrara 8.5 Pro?

(and if there is no simple way, what's the best way to get this out of daz studio and into carrara?)

Thanks

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

You should be able to load this from the Content browser / Daz Library or Poser runtime,.  depending on where you installed it to.

It should be in ... MyDaz3D Library Runtime / Props / Buddahs

Carrara 8.5 can import Duf files,. so you could save it as a DS scene , then open that into carrara

• Thank you 3dAge.  I have two sets of that ( MyDaz3D Library Runtime ) for some reason.  After updating folders and restarting Carrara, I found buddhas where you said in my second instance of that runtime (but not the first)

May post later in separate thread to try to figure out why my runtime look to be messed up.

Rob

you should have a (MyDaz3D Library) ,. and (MyDaz3D Library Runtime) 

Do you have another Daz Studio ? .. older version maybe,. it could have been uninstalled ,. but there still some user files there. ..which it would leave.

Use DIM to Uninstall and re-install to only one runtime. ..may also help you identify where the other runtime is.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited December 2016

Another option - if you have a smart content tab, you can open Products menu, scroll to the B's, and load Buddha from there.

This works for me almost every time when I can't otherwise find something.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • Think I just have DAZ 4.9 installed, though I've had others in the past, both 32 and 64 bit.  Only see 4.9 if I look under my programs or type DAZ in the search area.

Tried the smart content tab - and that used to work well for me too - but although Biddhas statues and hundreds of other items are properly listed, nothing shows up in the content area when I select the name (and that's true for about 90% of the items listed)

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited May 2017

In the past (10 years ago), I was truly awful at organizing poser-style content.  I used to buy stuff from Daz, install it in Studio, and then never find it.  Honest truth.

Eventually, I figured out the runtime stuff.  But now I would rather use DIM.  For me, it has been a welcome relief.

Are you letting DIM do everything?  If so, or if you are using a Mac, then I have no other suggestions other than to write a ticket.

red-sands-temple-large.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 174K
    oversea-bungalow-large.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 220K
    storm-castle-large.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 243K
    old-manor-large.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 235K
    n21-party-avenue-large.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 260K
    habsburgic-castle-large.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 215K
    Tomato tongue 1.png
    800 x 800 - 157K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • I'm letting DIM handle all DAZ store content.  Then I have a separate 'RobDAZ' runtime where i put anything else I've acquired.

Says 8.5.1 Pro Build 19 for Carrara Pro.  

Would love to get everything categorized if that would transfer over.  i often end up trying to find things in DAZ because that seems to work better, than hunting about in Carrara which seems hit or miss.

Haen't gone back to re-categorize within DAZ Studion as I had done back in version 3.x because didn't think that transferred into Carrara.  If it did (does), It would be worth my hassle to spend a couple of days resorting my few thousand items so i knew what I had and could easily skim through and find what I wanted .  Does Carrara had a way where you can categorize ?  So I could have a folder with weapons, and subfoled for swords, another for spears and so forth.  

I think DIM has some options to manage the content database files

Have you installed the "PostgreSQL" database ? if you've been using older versions of DS, you should also run the "Valentina conversion" file in DIM

this should transfer all older DS stuff into a format which can be read by the new database system (postgreSQL)

Carrara 8.5 uses this for smart content,.

• I thought that update to PostgreSQL happened on its own at some point - either with a Carrara update or DIM -but I'm not sure about that.

How can I check to see if I have PostgreSQL installed?

And Will it hurt anything to run the 'Valentina  converion' file?  Or should I simply give that a try?

Thanks for your help as always.

Dim should tell you if postgres is in your "Installed files" list,.

Have a look at your system "services" on windows,. don't know about mac's

if you have postgre installed,. it'll be running under Services.normally multiple entries,. maybe applications on mac,. (guessing)

It shouldn't hurt anything to run the valentina conversion again.

Hope it helps

• Hi 3dage - 

I did not see postgre running under Services tab inside of Task Manager (on windows 10)

Looking in DIM - it has two entires under Installed for Postgre

PostgreSQL CMS Win 64 bit

PostgreSQL CMS From Valentina CMS Conversion

try opening DIM,. or Carrara,. then check task manager under ... Processes,.. (my bad) blush

• Ok - opened DIM and Carrara -and shows 8 copies of PostgreSQL Server under Processes.  All of the read 0% CPU, 0 MB/s disk, 0% Network

And the copies vary from .5MB Memory up to 3.1MB

• That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited January 2017

This is where I should be.

I am installing on a new Mac and used DIM with default settings to install Carrara, Carrara contnt and some of my bought models.  Carrara runs fine and the included content appears.  Nothing appears under Smart Content.

How can I fix this? 

Update. 

I now have stuff showing under Content.  When I try loading it, a menu pops up as if looking for a file or folder, but no message as tpo what I should do.  Pressing cancel loads the item.

Still nothing under Smart Content as on my other computer.

Post edited by That Other Persona on