Daz 3d View

I tried the Daz 3d software but I quit using because of the nudity. I mean to make characters it makes you work with naked bodies to do anything and even after your characters are clothed the thumbnails show naked. Now I think it unneccesary to be looking at nudes the whole time I work and also I like to work in public places in which case it becomes entirely unacceptable. Didn't buy poser for the same reason since as far as I can tell they do that to, but that's another problem. Anyway, how hard would it be for the characters and thumbnails to have some kind of default clothing on them? Anyway I think that or at least a setting to turn on something like that would be nice.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If you work with V4 and M4 you will find the default skins come complete with underwear.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Change the display setting to Smooth Shaded.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Reminds me of some of my friends that will cross the street to avoid walking past a nude statue or an underwear ad.

You can save a subscene that contains only one character dressed to the nines and then do the same for each character you want, and there are other ways to do it too, but think about this: do not remove a pair of pants before adding the 2nd pair of pants so character won't be nude. Same with other clothing. Doing that might however cause the auto-fit to work not so good as it usually does, but then again, it might make some things look better after auto-fitting.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

Most artists who use Studio or Poser are not going to be very interested in the changes you have proposed. However, there are things you can do with your copy of Studio or Poser to customize them.

1 - For figures that load nude, switch your display settings to smooth shaded, wire frame, or bounding box. Once you have some basic clothes on your figures, switch back to texture shaded to finish your project.

2 - For thumbnails, replace them with custom ones you make. All it takes is a 91x91 .png file with the same name as the thumbnail you are replacing.

• Just another suggestion:

If you have a private place to make your initial characters, open up whatever model you prefer to work with...G3F, G3M...etc.

Don't add anything else to the scene and leave your model in the original pose.

Put some basic wear on the character, like plain bra and panties or boxers.

Zoom your camera in to the character's face for a closeup.

Save as "Scene Subset."  Name it something like "G3Female Basic." 

Now, when you open up Daz Studio, you simply go to your categories/saved files/sets and load in your saved character.  Voila, you already have underwear on her when you start. The thumbnail image should also show her with the underwear on.  By saving as a Scene Subset, you can import this character into any scene you are working on.

If you're handy at all with altering textures, you can open up the model's torso skin by looking under the "surfaces" tab, and simply paint over the offending areas.  Then save the new torso texture with an added notation like "G3FTorsoNotNude."  Just select your new not nude texture under the "surfaces" tab and save this as a character.  Make sure to zoom in on the face so you don't have the rest of the body in the thumbnail. 

This second option is just to save the trouble of having poke through from some underwear items.

Hope this helps!

• Ok thanks, All.