Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Stubby was my little buddy, so friendly. Bitsy was my I have to watch very time I walk kitty. She wanted to be right under my feet if I was in her eye sight. Not so much for the holding but right where I was. I almost stepped on her SO Many times.

Living out here in the woods I'm pretty much a animal person. Untill five years ago I had dogs also. My last one passed away and I've never been able to bring myself to replace Peter Pan, Pete for short. I grew up with livestock and we always had pets. At one time we had five dogs with four birds and my heard of cats, 36 cats all but one yard cats. Then I had the calfs to feed and the hogs and the chickens, plus all the pets. You never got lonley you always had a friend close.

I'm down to just five Kitties now and only Meow will come in and spend the night. Big Boy has to go out every night and Tabby, Baby Girl and Ringo will only come in the house before dark. And only Meow is a real Lap cat, they love attention and will play but Meow is My cat. She claimed me and they all know I belong to her. As I said before she talks to me, Meow this and meow that, and I better listen. If I don't she will get in my face and make me listen.

I'm just not being stupid am I? I hope that me and all my animal's might seem stupid. (36 cats is true my dad caught them all when I moved)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

I never had more than two, or occasionally 3 cats, and 2 dogs, but at one stage we did have 15 chickens, 13 ferrets and an indefinate number of rabbits. I say indefinite becuase the numbers went up and down, The normal amount was around 12, but Bugs, my minilop was an enthusiastic breeder, so we often had baby rabbits. As he had a good habit of mostly breeding true I could often manage to pay most of the petfood bill by selling a litter of half lop eared baby bunnies to the pet shop. Oh and we also had an aviary with a large number of budgies and cockatiels, and also 3 hives full of bees, but I don't think the bees really count as pets.

And we didn't live out in the boondock, but in a suburb of London, although I admit we did live in a Park, and not in a suburban street,

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
    edited December 1969

Rest in peace, Stubby and Bitsy.
    you never know, they may have had congenital probles, esp Stubby having a bobbed tail, these things can also mean lower intestinal deformities etc that are not apparrent, hopefully they passed without too much pain, being still on mother's milk may have been what allowed them to live this long.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited December 1969

Hopefully they died knowing that they were wanted.

edited December 1969

I currently have two cats, one male and one pregnant female. I have neutered the male. Can the female cat get pregnant by her son?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

I would think so

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I would think so

hmmm, Melody needs to be spayed then. The question is before she gives birth or after.

edited December 1969

As spaying, for a female cat, invloves removing the ovaries and the uterus, it would obviouslay have to be done after she has had the kittens, and fully weaned them.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 1969

Makes seance.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry to hear about your kitties passing, Jaderail. :(
    Surely they knew they were loved. I honestly believe they can feel such things, no matter how tiny.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hehehe!! Yeah.

About napping, I don't nap, I hibernate...

8-/ ::eyeballs dots in her pane & nudges Norse Graphics::

You're typing in your sleep again.

edited December 1969

My eggs need more views http://dragcave.net/user/GabrielGray

• NoctyrnusNoctyrnus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Just read catching up on the forum and I'm truely sorry to hear about your cats Jaderail and I hope that their passing was gentle.
    I'm more of a dog person. Every dog I ever owned were more than a pet, they were my friends, companions and most of all I regarded them as my children. The last 4 years have been the only time I've not had a dog since I was 6 yrs old as I took the passing of my last 2 pretty hard as I'd had them for 17 yrs. I do hope your remaining animals have long, rich full lives filled with love.

edited December 1969

Noctyrnus said:
    Just read catching up on the forum and I'm truely sorry to hear about your cats Jaderail and I hope that their passing was gentle.
    I'm more of a dog person. Every dog I ever owned were more than a pet, they were my friends, companions and most of all I regarded them as my children. The last 4 years have been the only time I've not had a dog since I was 6 yrs old as I took the passing of my last 2 pretty hard as I'd had them for 17 yrs. I do hope your remaining animals have long, rich full lives filled with love.

Thank you, it was in the night so I'm hoping they went in thier sleep. I'm fine but Meow is still morning. She will get over it soon enough. Kittens bring out the child in me, and I got attached to fast. That's a lesson you try to learn on a farm, not to get attached. Most of the time the animals will turn into food. Not the pets, but you never know what might happen. I lost three small cats to a blooming hawk last year, nothing I could do because Raptors are protected. I just sat outside alot and wondered around my yard plenty. The hawk moved on after awhile.
    edited December 1969

Is Meow and indoor outdoor cat? I would recommend her getting spayed so she will not loose any more kittens.
    Melody will be spayed as soon as possible.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited December 1969

....condolences on the loss of your feline friends. Especially sad for it to happen when they are so young with so much yet ahead of them.

Losing our "Mister" (a Maine Coon) when I was twelve was hard, but at least he had a pretty full life

edited December 1969

I want to Thank one and all for listening to my troubles. I've derailed the thread for way to long. Time for something Stupid.

I'm in a RENDER RUT. For the life of me I can not seem to come up with a thing I want to Render. 140 gig's of content and nothing to do.
    I'm even bored trying to help new users with my little tips I've learned over the few years I've been at it. I have Time on my hands but
    nothing to do. That just seems SOOO Darn STUPID.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm in a RENDER RUT. For the life of me I can not seem to come up with a thing I want to Render. 140 gig's of content and nothing to do.
    I'm even bored trying to help new users with my little tips I've learned over the few years I've been at it. I have Time on my hands but

Do you have some kind of list of stuff you own? I could try and give some ideas, while I'm trying to get my render library sorted...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Jaderail said:

Do you have some kind of list of stuff you own? I could try and give some ideas, while I'm trying to get my render library sorted...
    I have my spread sheet but it's about two months out of date, it only has my first 350+ items on it. That's the store bought stuff I never did one for all my free items. If we had a nice contest like the Random Runtime Roulette I would play with that but right now I'm just stuck with the same old idea's that I've always done. Fantasy? Done it. Super Hero? Done it. Glam Shots? Done it. Sci-Fi? Done it. Horror? Done it. Blah blah blah....

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I have my spread sheet but it's about two months out of date, it only has my first 350+ items on it. That's the store bought stuff I never did one for all my free items. If we had a nice contest like the Random Runtime Roulette I would play with that but right now I'm just stuck with the same old idea's that I've always done. Fantasy? Done it. Super Hero? Done it. Glam Shots? Done it. Sci-Fi? Done it. Horror? Done it. Blah blah blah....

Yeah, well, I was going to suggest a random combo of elements on your list, man. ;)

Do superhero glam shots? You know how the Avengers' Wasp has been credited as someone who knows her fashion? Why not pick some heroines and heroes and make 'em do glam shots?

...or maybe nude + shield poses by Captain America... or Thor and his Mighty Hammer... drooool. Excuse me...

edited June 2012

Jeff, you could always do what I suggested as a joke, when all the random product requirements kept appearing in the store,

Choose a main product from your runtime, go and see what the store currently suggests are neccesary to use it, and then render that. LOL

That would be STUPID

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I like both those idea's Glam Hero's and Content Random nuttiness. I do have a full day of nothing to do ahead of me. Hmmm...

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I like both those idea's Glam Hero's and Content Random nuttiness. I do have a full day of nothing to do ahead of me. Hmmm...

If you can do Tigra in black slinky evening dress, it'd be sweet. I could use one right now for our online Marvel game.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Jaderail said:

If you can do Tigra in black slinky evening dress, it'd be sweet. I could use one right now for our online Marvel game.
    I would SO do that for you but I don't have a sutiable Tigra texture. Can you point me to one?

edited June 2012

Humm. That's gonna be tricky. *headscratch* Now that I think about it, the only one I can think of right away is that Hitomi-based catgirl texture (which doesn't need Hitomi to work, since it is a Genesis skin). Darn. I wonder if you could do something with Furify, tho...

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail how about doing some 'retelling' of your favourite pics, movie scenes, or tv moments? Hell, you could even do comic or book scenes as well.

Just pick something you've seen/watched/read that you enjoyed, and recreate it in a render putting your own personal spin on it. A thanksgiving scene where instead of pilgrims and native americans its earthlings and aliens?

Or do some out there renders. Maybe a superman render where superman is black, or asian, or scared of seagulls. Go nuts, I always enjoy seeing your work.

edited December 1969

I'm kinda stuck on this Tigra thing now. I'm batting around ideas and discarding them almost as fast as I have them. I'm gonna check in the Hero's threads and see if anybody has a clue.

• DarlaSDarlaS Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

@Jaderail, Sorry to hear about your kittens. I had a cat that would lay on the seats of the riding lawn mowers while I was working on them and when I would move to a push mower, she would move to the closest rider and lay down. She would follow me everywhere.

I found these two pictures and had to share. :lol: ;-)

633620163389800242-StupidPeopleRule.jpg
    800 x 600 - 61K
    stupid-people.jpg
    750 x 600 - 67K
  • NoctyrnusNoctyrnus Posts: 59
    edited June 2012

I'm still in the early phase of studying hex n such but if I could I'd create a line of superhero swimsuits or evening attire.
    BUT...knowing me I'd probably first create a line of superhero outfits for the millenium cats n dogs :lol:

There will come a day when I'll have to make an Underdog outfit :cheese:

Post edited by Noctyrnus on
    edited December 1969

LOVE the Stupid People!! This is my Stupid for the DAY.

NO Tigra texture I can find so I'm gonna breakout my skills and see what I can do on my on. I'm not new to texturing but this will push me some. I now have something to do today. It will be based on the Marvel style I've stolen off of thier own site.

This discussion has been closed.