Why are These 2 Dragon Armors Not fitting Correctly?

I have 2 armor products for my dragons; Flying Fortress for Millennium Dragon 2 by Daz Originals and Val3dart, and 'Drago' for Millennium Dragon by Daz Originals and Ravnheart. There is something wrong with both sets of armor that keeps them from fitting their respective dragons correctly. As I don't have enough skill to dig down into how they work, I cannot determine what the problem is. 

The Flying Fortress Armor limb pieces will jump from the limb they are for to the other limb in each pair, and other parts go giant, and out of place. None of the pieces load already fitted when I have the figure selected. A similar thing happens when trying to fit the Drago Armor to Millennium Dragon, and like the Flying Fortress Armor, it does not load fitted to the selected figure. Neither of my Millennium Dragons are LE versions. I have the full version of both. Their accessories like Head Spikes Leg Fins and Tail Spikes fit them perfectly, but the Armor I have for each does not. I at first thought it might be something I am doing wrong when all I had was the Flying Fortress for Millennium Dragon 2. Now I have got the 'Drago' for Millennium Dragon and it is doing almost exactly what the other armor is doing. So I figure it cannot be me, but instead it must be the armor itself.

Now I like both of these products as far as how they look, but why won't they fit correctly? What can I do to make them fit?

I am using DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro on a computer with Windows 10, 64 bit. When I first got the Flying Fortress for Millennium Dragon 2, I was running Windows 7, 64 bit. I do not think the OS has anything to do with the behavior of these products. All my other content works quite well, including the dragons mentioned above. If the problem was in my systems, then I would think it would be affecting a lot of my content, and not just these two products. 

So my questions are as follows:
Why won't the Armor fit onto their respective dragons correctly?
Is there a special thing that must be done to make them fit?
If so, where can I find information concerning what to do?
Has anyone else had this problem with these and other similar products?

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

It a long time since I used these, just checked, once you have fitted a piece to the dragon scale it down to about 250% then it fits ok.

You may have to have show hidden properties ticked to get the scale dial to appear.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Just wondering if you got this figgured out, as I'm having the same problem. Really irritated right now as I bought it because it says it's "conforming" but it is NOT! I'v tried "fit to" I'v tried "parenting" nothing works.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Having the same problem. My Drage armor loads correctly if teh dragon is in defalt pose but if I pose the armor stays there. If I "fit to" before posing the armor goes moves, not on the dragon, just some random place and usually increases in size. I paid for "conforming" armor, irritated I didn't get what I paid for. 

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433

This problem is still persisting. I am now using DAZ Studio 4.10 and that armor won't work, no matter what I do. Both of my Millennium Dragons work fine, but the armor continues to act crazy, even when I use the scale option suggested by scorpio. The products both need to be fixed to work for Windows 10, or something. It might not be the OS I'm running, or it might be exactly that. Thing is if I cannot use the armor, why should I be satisfied to still have it? It has been several years since I bought the one for Millennium Dragon 2, and at least 2 years since I bought the Millennium Dragon Armor. I want it to work as expected, and not to have to do a lot of unknowable procedures to try to get it working correctly! This is now a source of frustration for me, because waiting for the content creators to fix it is starting to get old. 

• brittanicabrittanica Posts: 2
    edited January 2022

Mage 13X13 said:

I have 2 armor products for my dragons; Flying Fortress for Millennium Dragon 2 by Daz Originals and Val3dart, and 'Drago' for Millennium Dragon by Daz Originals and Ravnheart. There is something wrong with both sets of armor that keeps them from fitting their respective dragons correctly. As I don't have enough skill to dig down into how they work, I cannot determine what the problem is. 

The Flying Fortress Armor limb pieces will jump from the limb they are for to the other limb in each pair, and other parts go giant, and out of place. None of the pieces load already fitted when I have the figure selected. A similar thing happens when trying to fit the Drago Armor to Millennium Dragon, and like the Flying Fortress Armor, it does not load fitted to the selected figure. Neither of my Millennium Dragons are LE versions. I have the full version of both. Their accessories like Head Spikes Leg Fins and Tail Spikes fit them perfectly, but the Armor I have for each does not. I at first thought it might be something I am doing wrong when all I had was the Flying Fortress for Millennium Dragon 2. Now I have got the 'Drago' for Millennium Dragon and it is doing almost exactly what the other armor is doing. So I figure it cannot be me, but instead it must be the armor itself.

Now I like both of these products as far as how they look, but why won't they fit correctly? What can I do to make them fit?

I am using DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro on a computer with Windows 10, 64 bit. When I first got the Flying Fortress for Millennium Dragon 2, I was running Windows 7, 64 bit. I do not think the OS has anything to do with the behavior of these products. All my other content works quite well, including the dragons mentioned above. If the problem was in my systems, then I would think it would be affecting a lot of my content, and not just these two products. 

So my questions are as follows:
    Why won't the Armor fit onto their respective dragons correctly?
    Is there a special thing that must be done to make them fit?
    If so, where can I find information concerning what to do?
    Has anyone else had this problem with these and other similar products?

I have a similar problem with the
    Armor Millennium SubDragon, not included
    moves, Armor separates from Dragon and is impossible to manually dock

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Have you reset the scale? As noted, the dragons load scaled-up and the armours then inherit this twice - erset (alt/opt click the scale proeprty) should more or less fix that.