Carrara Monthly Challenge #30: WAR TIMES - WIP Thread

12345679»

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thanks for the feedback, Headwax, especially the link to the explosions. 

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited January 2017

Attached is a list of the entries... #, title and artist.  If anyone wishes to use it to help select their choices.

I'm off to start trying to figure out which are better, IMO, and vote.

[edit]  I just now, 1-21-17, noticed that the file magically dissapeared so included it again.

zip
    zip
    Challenge30_entries.zip
    580B
    Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Thanks to diomede for pointing out things that might cause the shader domains to not show I was able to recover them... I had all set but not assigned. One thing that may have caused this is I missed a few polys when selecting different parts... oh well.  I'm planning on tweaking a few shaders in the pic below and then to make a copy for the red Critters... shaded entirely different.  Then off to the Terrain Editor and finally the Replicator.

Critter_40a.png
    640 x 480 - 245K
    Critter_40b.png
    640 x 480 - 209K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    wgdjohn said:

Attached is a list of the entries... #, title and artist.  If anyone wishes to use it to help select their choices.

I'm off to start trying to figure out which are better, IMO, and vote.

[edit]  I just now, 1-21-17, noticed that the file magically dissapeared so included it again.

thanks wgdjohn and pleasure diomede

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

An immunological war:

The leukocytes were modeled as metaball objects.

The bacteria were modeled as vertex objects

Replicators are used for bacteria and leukocytes.

The giant leukocytes are macrophages. I used particles (metaball shape).

immunologicalwar.png
    1360 x 768 - 382K

nice work Alberto. the final  image is pretty  suberb and gets a nice visualization happening. is this your area of study? hope to see you in future challenges . lateral thinking always welcome :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Agreed, nice work Alberto. Love the shader youve got on the blobby bits (technical term! wink) too

Yes, well done.  And I really like extending the battle imagery to bacteria.  Very creative.

Does anyone want to coordinate the next challenge? 

If you haven't coordinated and want to try, or just enjoy coordinating, this may be your opportunity!  Otherwise, I will start a WIP thread early next week.  Feel free to send me a PM or make suggestions here.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Diomede, I will be happy to see you again in this role.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I have no issues hosting again as all it really takes time is the coordinating with DAZ and then the prize coordination at the end.

I can come up with a good theme like one that was previously suggested.

I have no issues hosting again as all it really takes time is the coordinating with DAZ and then the prize coordination at the end.

I can come up with a good theme like one that was previously suggested.

thank you Chickenman.

Thank you, Chickenman.  Looking forward to it. 

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411
    head wax said:

nice work Alberto. the final  image is pretty  suberb and gets a nice visualization happening. is this your area of study? hope to see you in future challenges . lateral thinking always welcome :)

Thank you, Head wax! Well, this isn´t my area of study, it's some memories of college, time ago. My area of study is more chemisty and applied mathematics. I will try to participate in future challenges. This time, I missed the deadlines.

TangoAlpha and Diomede, Thank you!

welcome aboard :) applied maths eh? we can always do with another person to write plug ins for Carrara !