Sci fi bedroom/living quarters

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I would like a sci-fi bedroom with a bed, shower, and window as well as futuristic furniture and a balconey. I realize other stores have sci-fi rooms, but, I'd really like a sci-fi room or quarters for my space characters to live and relax in.

The balconey would be useful for renders featuring all the hovering vehicle.

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

I'd sure like to have one with DS mats. I already have this nicely modeled one by 3DC, but it takes a lot of adjustment owing to the number of mats. That was back before I got spoiled on DAZ offering full prop sets with scenes, lights and auto-loading DS4 mats, of course. I hardly ever buy props at Renderosity now.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
    edited December 1969

I'd sure like to have one with DS mats. I already have this nicely modeled one by 3DC, but it takes a lot of adjustment owing to the number of mats. That was back before I got spoiled on DAZ offering full prop sets with scenes, lights and auto-loading DS4 mats, of course. I hardly ever buy props at Renderosity now.

Agreed. I've eyeballed that, but not bought it

I admit, I do like the GIS spacestation. but it has such a sterile feel. There needs to be crew quarters and a few suites.

At anyrate, I have searched high and low for an updated looking prop set. Either it looks sort of dated, or not futuristic enough.

Would love for it to have a bed as well.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

My thoughs are a small space with space saving devices like pullout bed, drop down table etc etc. I find the one linked to above seems to big and open to be a convincing living quaters of the future. Along the lines of what we see in The Fifth Element with Bruce Willis's characters apartment.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,341
    edited December 2012

There's this one

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/futuristic-apartment-/56549

I don't have this set but I do have other stuff by this vendor, its very good and transfers well to DS, there are also some DS mats by someone (sorry I can't remember who) in free stuff.

The set Above the cyber streets has a very useful balcony and room behind it.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

maybe we can pesters Stonemason into doing some interiors in the style of Utopia Labs?

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,172
    edited December 2012

maybe we can pesters Stonemason into doing some interiors in the style of Utopia Labs?

I made a scifi bedroom some time ago and but never got it finished,it doesn't have some of the things mentioned above but at least has a bed,it's part of a larger modular environment,to be finished soon

attached image shows a work in progress of the set

thanks
    Stefan

VFBPlus_temp_122612_022621ssds.jpg
    1468 x 858 - 331K
    Post edited by Stonemason on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

Wow, that looks awesome!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Wow, that looks awesome!
    Seconded....love the rumpled sheets!
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
    edited December 1969

Wow Stonemason, beautiful! Very nice. That is a must buy for me. =-)

I have found several bedrooms here, but none are quite what I'm looking for.

I just have several cities I really like, like Dreamlight's stunning cloud city and they are hating for not having an interior to go wtih the stunning building exterior skyrises.

Here are some older sci fi sets I found that daz sells... although for the life of me, I stumbled across them by chance....

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/s-f-c-s-ii

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dystopian-destinations-vistas-a

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Floored. Modular Sci-Fi Set by Stonemason. I'm so in.

• MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

I made a scifi bedroom some time ago and but never got it finished,it doesn't have some of the things mentioned above but at least has a bed,it's part of a larger modular environment,to be finished soon

thanks
    Stefan

You are so my favorite person right now, of course my bank account isn't too happy about you and my creditcard is hiding beneath the couch going " No ! No more , you only want me for my money anways"

That room looks amazing! I hope it'll have a "make the bed " morph though; some of the charcters in my runtime are real neat freaks and I'm not sure I can convince them to pose in there with the bed looking like that :P

edit: it's the cute ones you have to look out for especially if they carry big guns.

Post edited by Machieltje on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

"Deck 2", it says — spaceship living quarters, maybe? Looking great so far, as always. Hopefully by the time it's finished I'll have coaxed my bank card out of hiding.

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

This looks great! Any ETA yet? Thanks!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited September 2013

I was just wondering about this, the other day... Stonemason has a guaranteed sale from me for this, no question. :)

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 904
    edited December 1969

I just stumbled on this thread and want to add my name to the list of people hoping Stonemason finishes this set!

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

Can't believe I'm the first one to post that this is now available!

http://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-bedroom

thanks
    Stefan

• pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Instant buy - I've been waiting for this ever since the first preview.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Supercope said:
    Can't believe I'm the first one to post that this is now available!

http://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-bedroom

thanks
    Stefan

Found no time to post here - I am already doing a render with it :P

Great set!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,087
    edited December 1969

Question for someone who has picked this up -- is there a fourth wall?

• CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited April 2014

It doesn't exactly have a fourth wall. There is a wall with an entrance that leads to a hallway. The hallway doesn't have a far wall. I have not found a way to close the entrance so the room is always open.
    Even if there is no way to close the entrance this is a great model with lots of detail. I had a good chuckle at the book titles on the shelves. There may be a way to use a plain primitive as a wall or entrance door.

Post edited by CyberDog on
  • StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,172
    edited December 1969

CyberDog said:
    It doesn't exactly have a fourth wall. There is a wall with an entrance that leads to a hallway. The hallway doesn't have a far wall. I have not found a way to close the entrance so the room is always open.
    Even if there is no way to close the entrance this is a great model with lots of detail. I had a good chuckle at the book titles on the shelves. There may be a way to use a plain primitive as a wall or entrance door.

bonus points to anyone who's seen the movie those book titles came from :)

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Been awaiting this, ever since the preview images - and it has in no way disappointed. Can't express enough how my projects shall benefit from this set!

And from the looks of at least one digital display, Stonemason seems to be diversifying into music... ;)

Also, bonus features: If you wanted the rifle from the Rogue Sci-Fi Suit, it's included here - as is your very own official Stonemason banana prop in epic 3D!

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited April 2014

... Move the question to the common thread ...

Post edited by ruekaka on