Getting rid of unwanted products

I think there should be some sort of way to be able to get rid of unwanted products on this site. With there being so many different figure types (V4/M4, Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3), I have had (and am still having) a hard time deciding which figure I want to work with. I wish there was some way that I could trade in the stuff that I bought and no longer use (even if it is for less than what I paid for it).

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

That simply just cannot be done.  When you buy from the store you are actually purchasing a license to use the Product. Every one who uses the product needs to purchase their own license,  this is stated in the DAZ 3D EULA.

• Restrictions on Copying. The Content is provided for User's exclusive use. User does not have the right to provide the Content to others in any form or on any media except as set forth in this Agreement. The Content may be copied in whole or in part for User’s exclusive use. Specifically, User may copy the Content onto the storage device of an unlimited number of computers owned or controlled by User. The Content is for User’s exclusive use and no other individual or entity. Each individual must obtain his or her own license to use the Content.

Of course if you meant to trade it for some sort of store credit, then that is a different matter, although equally not likely to happen.  I am sure most, if not all forum members would love to have something like that.  I for example have products in my product Library dating back 16 years or more, and I refuse to add up how much I have spent here over the years.

I don't expect to trade in my old clothes for new ones,  so I think we have to accept that Vicky and Mike are similarly restricted.  

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The problem would be trying to sort what products a customer actually bought as opposed to got as a freebie

jestmart said:

The problem would be trying to sort what products a customer actually bought as opposed to got as a freebie

yes    or at massive sales reductions.    I remember,  way back in 2002, that the PC started,  and some products were transferred from the main store to the PC , to get them started.   There were at least 2 items I paid full store price for a short while before they became PC items and the price reduced to $1.99

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Not to mention, I think Daz would need a way to garantee the item has been removed from your pc and that you don't have any backups. Otherwise people could just buy stuff, trade it in, get something else, trade it in and on and on. All the while keeping the backups or not uninstalling the product to keep using it.

• I'm curious about this too, but not from a trade or refund standpoint. I'd just like to know if there's a way to remove a resource that I just don't want cluttering up my content library any more. 

if it was installed via DIM, then just go back into DIM under the installed content tab, select the item/s you want to remove and click "start queue"

Otherwise you would have to go through the zip and find all the files in your runtime and manually delete them. After that, you'll have to go into DS and remove the orphaned files from it's database.

• Thanks very mucn- i think I'll go the DIM route and give that a try.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I frequently remove old content and hide the installer so it doesn't queue up again. Some freebies or content I bought years ago I just don't like or use.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Not to mention, I think Daz would need a way to garantee the item has been removed from your pc and that you don't have any backups. Otherwise people could just buy stuff, trade it in, get something else, trade it in and on and on. All the while keeping the backups or not uninstalling the product to keep using it.

They seem satisfied with the honor system for 30-day returns now. Don't think trade-ins would be a problem.
    We could even have a flea market here, where we could sell our unused content to someone else.
    Or a license transfer fee to allow us to leave our content to someone else in a will.

The reason I think they excepty the honor system with refunds is it's controllable in that if someone starts using it too much, they can just say no. And there really is no way to make sure that someone removes something from their pc or hasn't made a backup before refunding, yet not letting someone return something purchased in error would probably turn away a number of the already limited customers.

With a trade-in or swap, the number of items people "should" be removing from their pcs would grow exponentially and there would be absolutely no idication of who might be cheating the system. At which point, they might as well just give everything away for free.