Large clothing help

areg5areg5 Posts: 617
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Does anyone have any idea how to make a model look like it is wearing clothing that is too large. For example: a Victoria 4 that is of child proportions wearing what looks looks like her mother's clothes. I haven't been able to figure this out. If you make the clothing larger it sort of maintains the shape of a bigger person, it doesn't hang like loose clothing would. If you use dynamic clothing and start it bigger, it shrinks down to the size of the model.

Any help or suggestions along these lines would be appreciated.

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 2012

I can understand,, it seems difficult if you want the large size = original size clothing "fit to" the child figure.

I do not make and use the 4 the generation figure.
    but if you want to reform clothing , and just hope only wear on the child shape,,
    you can do. but I think,,,you may need re-rigging and re weight map.
    and some tweaking by modelor.

I re-made the magus shut which can fit to basic child shape genesis. adjust shape by hexagon and transferutilty,
    just 10 minutes work,,

the picture, show,, reform maigus jacket, fit to child shape genesis. the size keep original magus shut.

but if I turn to zero shape , the clothing must be too big for original size genesis. (100 : 54) = (genesis : FBMchild)
    it must be happen.

if you do not hope so,,
    you can made moprh for basic child shape as same as above.

but if set poze, there must be some problems. if you use finger poze, or bend thin etc.

it simply about weight map and rig not much too large clothing by auto transfered, I think.

so I may need re rigging ( remove hand bone of clothings, and make ghost bone, and re weight map around sleeve etc)

need not fit to,, it seems more simple, (but not so easy for me)

after change figure shape to child, load the original clothing, adjust positon,,
    then parent the clothing to the figure. you may need adjust shape, and use it as morph for the clothing.
    then when set poze, you may need to make morph too. (on this case, the rig never much the child rig,,
    so every pozing may cause some problem, I think)

childsize2.JPG
    700 x 520 - 54K
    kidcloth.JPG
    978 x 651 - 72K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

areg5 said:
    Does anyone have any idea how to make a model look like it is wearing clothing that is too large. For example: a Victoria 4 that is of child proportions wearing what looks looks like her mother's clothes. I haven't been able to figure this out. If you make the clothing larger it sort of maintains the shape of a bigger person, it doesn't hang like loose clothing would. If you use dynamic clothing and start it bigger, it shrinks down to the size of the model.

Any help or suggestions along these lines would be appreciated.

Dynamic clothing actually shrinks to its original size. This means if you scale down a character, the dynamic clothing would appear larger than the figure wearing it. I discovered this when trying to use certain outfits on Genesis. Fixing the poke through can be a bit problematic though.
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

sorry,, I miss understanding your quesiton.:red:
    after reading this topic again,, I understand you hope more perfect loose fit about large clothing with pozing child figure.

actually I do not know about dynamic clothing.

as HeraldOfFire said,
    if Dynamic clothing can resize free, or not shrink with character morph, keep original size, and can translate free,
    there seems no problem,,

without dynamic clothing, I only think,, just make loose shape which desire for the poze and shape,
    (bend the parts of under the thins , ,stretch sholuder part ,to close more figure, etc)
    using modifier in another 3d tool.

then import it to ds as obj, apply materiall again, then make scene with the child.

or make morph target from the original clothing, then adjust the shape for loose fit and pozing.
    I think there is no other easy way @@;

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,441
    edited December 2012

With dynamic clothing, the easy way is to use adult-sized clothing on a child-sized figure, not an adult-sized-child-proportioned one. Load in the clothing without conforming it to the figure, and position it manually. Here's one I did recently using Genesis (at a height of just under 5') and an M4 dynamic t-shirt:

121222d.png
    653 x 899 - 201K
    Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • areg5areg5 Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

I would like to revisit this. I don't quite get it. Say I have a genesis figure with child proportions. Is there a way to have it appear to wear oversized clothing using regular conforming wardrobe either genesis or gen 4, or does it have to be dynamic clothing? Using dynamic clothing is quite honestly frustrating. I am using studio 4.6 64 bit

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

Sadly I think the answer is either no or not easily - if an item conforms to a figure it will adopt the scaling of the figure, thus clothign will shrink or gorw to fit the figure. If you do not conform the clothing to a figure it will retain original scale but will not follow poses or morphs, abd you will need to rely upon whatever posing and morphing the clothing item provides/allows. Results of an indeteriminate nature might be achieved by using the same pose on the clothing as on the figure to get a rough basis.
    Dynamic clothing would be far better, but of a more limited range of things to use.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Clothing is a problem for "chubby" characters for that very reason. In real life, they are not going to wear form fitting clothes. Hopefully some clever programmer will figure out a solution in the future and make a lot of money. Maybe Genesis 3 FF (full figure.) ;-)