3 installations!?

I recently had to reinstall Daz 3d Studio onto a new computer. And to my horror, I discovered that now, not only was it more difficult to install it into my computer--seriously, what happened to just clicking the link and it downloading?--now there are 3 different parts to the installation--AFTER Daz 4.9 is already installed! You have to use the DIM to download, then install, all your products. As if that doesn't take long enough, now once you get through DIM, you have to wait for it to install everything to the Daz 4.9 studio--I thought that was the point of the DIM?! It didn't used to do that. Now on top of waiting a couple hours for all my content to install from the DIM, I have to wait EVEN LONGER for my products to install to the actual studio! What happened to the way it was? What in the world was wrong with that? You know, installing from the DIM, and the INSTALLATION BEING OVER? I've been waiting an hour, and my installation is only at two percent. I already had to wait two and a half for it to install from my DIM. First it downloads from the DIM, and that takes a hell of a long time. Then it installs from the DIM. And that takes way less but still a lot of time. And now it has to install from the actual Daz studio?

Seriouly, Daz 3D, I love you guys, I do, but WHY? Why is there now a third part of the installation of products-one that takes longer?! An hour, and two percent is ridiculous. Can someone explain to me why the third part is necessary? I would understand if it was really necessary, but it wasn't on Daz 4.8, and I like that method much better. If at all possible, can you nix that process in the next studio, and go back to the old way??? Or is there a big reason for it? 

Comments

• You don't have to install content that is already isntalled, or that you don't want isntalled. And you certainly shouldn't have to install twice - it's hard to follow your description but it sounds as if you are either instaling via Connect when you don't need to or the Content Management System is not seeing the content isntalled by DIM and so asking you to install it when you double-click it. A clearer description of what is happening, and any error alerts you are getting, would help.