Sandy Bay Seaside Village

Has anyone had any experience with this set?

Comments

• I believe this is a 3DUniverse product.  Perhaps you should contact Steve (the owner) directly, for any questions.

Debbie

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,486

Well, really I just hoping for some reviews. It looks awesome in the promos and I was thinking of picking it up, but at that price I'd love to get some user feedback.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

wishlist it, it has been in FG in the past.

wishlist it, it has been in FG in the past.

I'll do that for sure!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

It is a very nice set, but be aware that it's in Poser format with DAZ|Studio materials. And it's a few years old, so all the materials and lighting will need to be converted if you want to use it in Iray.

It is a very nice set, but be aware that it's in Poser format with DAZ|Studio materials. And it's a few years old, so all the materials and lighting will need to be converted if you want to use it in Iray.

I learned that one with the Toon Village. Wound up just redesigning my characters in 3DL when it was too heavy for conversion on my machine. Generally speaking IRay is less than neccessary with Toon style renders, at least in my view.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325
    Greybro said:

I learned that one with the Toon Village. Wound up just redesigning my characters in 3DL when it was too heavy for conversion on my machine. Generally speaking IRay is less than neccessary with Toon style renders, at least in my view.

You are not alone.  It has been said before that 3delight is actually better for toon renders.

Cheers,

Alex.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

I have it. Good as a background, not enough detail for really close up.
    Converted to iray using uber, then a matte rubber shader to get rid of gloss, and other shaders for windows, water and such.
    It works okay.

Petercat said:

Converted to iray using uber, then a matte rubber shader to get rid of gloss, and other shaders for windows, water and such.
    It works okay.

Hey, would you have an renders of that posted anywhere? Would love to see how it turned out.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

a 360 video I just tossed up

That looks very nice. Glad to know that it's still workable with IRay shaders.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited January 2017
    Greybro said:
    Petercat said:

It works okay.

Hey, would you have an renders of that posted anywhere? Would love to see how it turned out.

Sorry, no. I bought it to use as a town for my webcomic, and then Mountain Valley came out and I used that instead. But Sandy Bay does have a nice beach and a waterfall! Oh, wait... http://cat-man-dancing.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-093-643499462
    The second panel is the Sandy Bay beach. Sorry, there's not much showing of the buildings.

It also makes a nice hilly plat with streets, surrounded by hills, if you delete the buildings and use others.

Post edited by Petercat on

Interesting. You used a toon prop in a more normalized style comic. I've done a few 3d comics myself. Really love the kind of flexibility these sets  an offer. Nice work!