import obj

hello!!! happy new year to all the carrara users of the forum!!!   hope too than 2017 will show an update of C!!!!!

I have a problem importing a car... when imported in Cine4d, from the LWO folder, the car arrive with the parts clearly separated (well, I mean you can select one paret or one another)...   In C 8 pro, the LWO file arrive with all the domain written, but I can't see anything...   If I use the OBJ file, the car arrive as a single object, loosing all its shading domain... how to have a good import from LWO file??

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

I'm betting that the reason you're not seeing the LWO after import is because it's probably really, really tiny.

Try the import LWO again, this time select the whole thing, go to the Motion tab and scroll down to the Scale parameters.

Put a check into the box by "Uniform" and try scaling the thing up until you can see it.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

you can also try when importing an OBJ file that in the grouping Create one Object per Group is selected..

but be prepared, you may end up with anything from 1 to 1000 objects to play around with lol

my internet is not working all that good, it won't upload the screen capture to show but you won't have any probs finding it on import. yes

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited January 2017

frown

objImport.jpg
    405 x 528 - 40K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168

hope too than 2017 will show an update of C!!!!!

LOL Hope is OK but I wouldn't count on it. I can't imagine 2017 will be any different than 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 or 2011.