Help needed with setup/Rigging with Constraints

Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have a scene with a number of Hydraulic Cylinders on angles, I’m having problem keeping the Rams in line with the Cylinder Barrels. I have tried using the Slider Constraints but they only work on the axis (90 degrees), I need then to be easily changeable because they’re in different positions with the animation/scene.

Thanks,

Can_this_be_Done.jpg
1222 x 1420 - 99K

Comments

• edited December 2012

For this example, I will refer to a base and an arm, and the barrel and ram are interchangeable to meet your needs.
    * Parent the arm to the base with a rotation constraint (Move hotspot to the pivot point.)
    * Parent the barrel to the base with a rotation constraint (Move hotspot to the pivot point.)
    * Parent the piston to the arm with a rotation constraint (Move hotspot to the pivot point.)
    * Add the Point At modifier to the barrel, set the target to the ram and adjust the axis options as needed.
    * Add the Point At modifier to the ram, set the target to the barrel and adjust the axis options as needed.

Post edited by briandaz_3e696c2bd8 on
  • JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Isn't that just a Shaft constraint? Parent the ram to the barrel, apply a shaft constraint to the ram's motion, and you should have it.

I think....