New Nybras texture

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,557
edited January 2017 in Product Suggestions

Would love to see Nybras get some Substance Painter love.  :)   He's still a good figure, but he could use a very detailed texture to bring him back to life. Same with the Gargoyle Hound (still hoping for a remake of him one day too).  ;)

Post edited by SnowSultan on

Comments

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

I second both requests!  I used gargoyle hound a few days ago.  I looked good converted to Iray.  Nyrbras also looks great in Iray renders.

• He's got a pretty cool texture add on already

• The ones I know are:

Nybras

• The ones I know are: Nybras, Nimbus, Demon Express. All together there are some nice variations that you may have not seen

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,557

Those are all very old though. I'd like to see one optimized for Iray with good normal and emission maps.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,115

I would love to work work on textures for Nybras.  Wonder if I can start working on him on a Linux box.   He is old so he must have an obj file.

• Would need to be converted to DS format. Dug him out of my library earlier. Would be cool to actually do an HD morph add on for him with an additional set of new textures. There were some nice sets up at Rendo at one time.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

Would need to be converted to DS format. Dug him out of my library earlier. Would be cool to actually do an HD morph add on for him with an additional set of new textures. There were some nice sets up at Rendo at one time.

I would certainly snap up a Genesis (1, 2 or 3) version in a heartbeat. He's been one of my favourite characters since he came out and it would be awesome to be able to use different clothes on him.

-- Walt Sterdan

• wsterdan said:

Would need to be converted to DS format. Dug him out of my library earlier. Would be cool to actually do an HD morph add on for him with an additional set of new textures. There were some nice sets up at Rendo at one time.

I would certainly snap up a Genesis (1, 2 or 3) version in a heartbeat. He's been one of my favourite characters since he came out and it would be awesome to be able to use different clothes on him.

-- Walt Sterdan

There's a thought, Not sure how open Daz would be to it, but it's a cool idea.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited March 2020

So, any of you, ended up doing some new textures for good old Nybras? laugh
    btw looks like Nimbus Gargoyle material isn't available anymore...

For now, i stay with texture from Expansion, then.

How can i make bump maps for him, btw?

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,115

I forgot about this.  I got a Win 10 machine now so I can try to do something, maybe? Or not?