Using Advanced Shaders for DSON Support (SOLVED)

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
edited December 2012 in Poser Discussion

DSON does not convert LIE presets at this time. (It will produce an .mc6 file with the same name, but that file will just white out the material, not actually apply an overlay.) So far this has stopped me from DSON support for items that use these presets (i.e., most of my new products now). I've been trying to create this support for PP2012 using Advanced Shaders (free version), but using the settings the .pdf tutorial recommends for a tattoo preset causes my dirt overlay not to show up at all.

Can anyone share the settings they would use to place a .png alpha'd overlay over a texture using Advanced Shaders or the material room? Does Advanced Shaders not support png alpha overlays? The documentation is not proving helpful at the moment.

EDIT:

Ah. The program doesn't take png files as input. It has to be flattened onto a white background as a .jpg. That still increases filesize, but at least it's possible to do.

Post edited by SickleYield on

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 2012

I use a color_math node and adjust position with U and V if needed.
    It will take a png or jpg, the multiply drops white

matroom02.jpg
    682 x 415 - 100K
    matroom01.jpg
    484 x 357 - 87K
    Post edited by Medzin on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Thank you for responding!

So what would I use with a transparent background png? Setting it to multiply seems to result in in the overlay not showing up at all with the above settings.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

It should work with PNG, I just double check to make sure. Maybe the source of PNG makes difference, like some programs pre-multiply alpha or interlace different

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

The best way to do this in poser is to use a blender node
    Attach the flattened alfa to the blender value and plug both textures into input1 and input2
    This will keep the original colors, but will still allow you to adust settings for each texture