African Skin Settings for GIMP (from any texture) (nudity) (sorry mods, can't find the button)

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited June 2012 in The Commons

In GIMP (and maybe any other bitmap editor)

Use the Colourize Dialog (COLOURS:COLOURIZE)

Hue - 23
Saturation - 50
Lightness - Negative 56

Do NOT forget, when doing the limps (I mean LIMBS, durn it... sorry, my spelling sucks cuz of missing fingers), to make the palms and foot soles LIGHTER. I did this by layering and erasing my new texture over the old one.

Meet Shahana! Dialed in on Genesis with the ethnic morphs and V5 morphs... I used Wsupatoi's Trish texture to get this one...

Colour me Clever :)

Image removed by a moderator for nudity. Until we have tags again, nudity is not permitted.
FINE! I'll just take my character and POST ELSEWHERE!! :P :P
Here's the image:
http://wancow.deviantart.com/art/African-Skin-Example-Shahana-Character-306497356

Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

By the way... how is it we don't have a TEXTURING/Shader/Surfacing board?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Looking good! Thanks for that starting point for the colors. I'll have to give that a shot one of these days.

edited December 1969

Geeze... nudity not allowed... oh well... :(

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Geeze... nudity not allowed... oh well... :(

You could still post that image, just put a simple bikini top on it. lol

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited December 1969

Or post to a site that requires a log in to see flagged content, such as Deviant Art or Renderosity, and post links.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

Do NOT forget, when doing the limps (I mean LIMBS, durn it... sorry, my spelling sucks cuz of missing fingers), to make the palms and foot soles LIGHTER. I did this by layering and erasing my new texture over the old one.

Actually, depending on skin tones, this will not be a true statement. Darker skin tones, more likely, lighter not so much.

edited December 1969

M3dia, not that I've done extensive research, but I think you're correct.

edited December 1969

Or post to a site that requires a log in to see flagged content, such as Deviant Art or Renderosity, and post links.

Good idea :)