Do you have solid Carrara Skills? Interested in making a few bucks?

Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
edited January 2017 in Carrara Discussion

Hello

I am dipping my toe in the water considering hiring someone to do some computer animation for me.

I'm not even sure if this will work smoothly but I thought I'd put it out there. This is my situation.

I am selling some online education courses. Right now I write the content, Storyboard, record the voice over, Animate and model myself in Carrara, Shoot the video, and do all the video editing myself.

To say the least currently my sales don't come close to paying for my time. It is a lot of time and my first course took close to three years, as I learned modeling and animating in Carrrara.

I am investigating farming out some of the animating and modeling work to speed up the process. I am considering hiring a college kid using Maya or the like but then I realized someone here might like to make a few bucks

using their carrara skills. As well I post a lot of questions here when I get stuck on an issue and when I don't touch carrara for a long time I forget a lot. Also if these animations were done in Carrara it would enable me to tweek them if need be.

My work is simple and technical, No organic objects, no trees plants skys etc. Usually To speed renders I usually use VERY SIMPLE LIGHTING, often just one light and no background.

I have made many of the models I use, and am considering purshasing a few more to save time. ( example modeling a human ear). Though some models would have to be made or manipulated.

I might use a human figure here and there but very simple motion, ( no walking, dancing maybe a moment of talking)

I don't render with full raytracing. I render 1920x1080 30fps.

I have been through the mill with workflow and without going into details the only output I will use is Quicktime Animation Codec. ( Trust me SEQ PNG is not something I want)

I work on P.C. So I model and animate Carrara 8.1 64 Bit and Render in 8.1 32 bit. I have 8.5 but I purchased really to support DAZ future development (ha) I never use 8.5.

If you want to see a good bit of what I've done, click the link below, then on the right click " Preview this course" when the preview window opens Click the " Basic Magnetic Theory video"

https://www.udemy.com/analog-audio-tape-recorder-basic-theory-and-alignment/

Like I say I'm not sure this is financially feasible for me but I thought I'd put it out there. So this is the first step. If you're interested contact me.

I'd possibly like to see some of your work. If the conversation progresses I could explain a storyboard to one of the scenes of the project and you would tell me your fee for such a project.

If you have a interest please PM me.

Thank You

Brad

Post edited by Box8068_31c338ee4b on

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I'm not qualified for the gig, but I think that you forgot to post your link.

• Thanks UnifiedBrain..  When I logged back in I saw a large grey window that looked like a message, But when I clicked messages it disappeared.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks

Brad

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited January 2017

Link working now.

I've used many a recording studio.  Analog still sounds warmer than digital.  Looks good!

I will send you a message, to see if you get it.  Retrieve it by clicking the little gear on the top right of the screen, then on the drop-down click "inbox".

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • UnifiedBrain, THANK YOU! the little gear works. I was clicking my my little login/account logo and there is a messages drop down there that one doesn't work.

I think you saved me a bit of cursing and fuming. 

Link working now.

I've used many a recording studio.  Analog still sounds warmer than digital.  Looks good!

I will send you a message, to see if you get it.  Retrieve it by clicking the little gear on the top right of the screen, then on the drop-down click "inbox".

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2017

UnifiedBrain, THANK YOU! the little gear works. I was clicking my my little login/account logo and there is a messages drop down there that one doesn't work.

I think you saved me a bit of cursing and fuming. 

Link working now.

That one takes you to the private mmessages from Daz3d,  which are usually special offer coupons, which are tartgetted to a certain customer group.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Whew!

Brad, we gotta get you some more students, eh? I can tell, just by the Preview, that this course is worth vastly beyond the small asking price of the product - but, in my opinion, that's the way to do it in todays world. Charge too high and he number of students drops significantly.

I really enjoyed the presentation. You're fantastic! Very nice explanation in a manner that certainly draws us in for more, while also presented in a manner that sticks with us. Clear and concise. I also really enjoy the animations and visuals. You do a really good job.

Bravo, Brad... Bravo!