New Version Of Archi-Tools Released

GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Welcome to 2013 everyone!

I just started exploring the Inagoni tools that I bought months ago and thought that I hit some bugs. As a result of emails with Julien Chaplier, I learned that a new Archi-Tools version was released today.

If you own this incredible plug-in; grab the newest bits as soon as possible and check that all your Inagoni tools are up-to-date: Inagoni Downloads

Happy Rendering!

Comments

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 485
    edited December 1969

Ahhh the update is for cpro 8 and i have for cpro7....Bummmer...

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads-up!

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,024
    edited January 2013

foleypro said:
    Ahhh the update is for cpro 8 and i have for cpro7....Bummmer...

C8Pro is 69% off, with BOG2 still going on, you also get <400$ for other store items...</p>

Post edited by 3drendero on
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Thanks, just got it downloaded.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I believe I have found a minor bug in Archi-Tools - today's newest version and the version before that. This bug might actually be in Carrara's handling of plug-ins, but I will send this information over to Inagoni to be sure. Please reply if you can confirm these reproduction steps (hopefully the forums display the pictures in the order I added them). Thanks!

Archi-Tools Bug #1 Repro
    1) Start in an empty Carrara scene
    2) Create a basic Archi-Tools building with a door and a few windows
    (picture 1)

3) Return to the Assembly Room to drag-and-drop door and window models into the scene
    (picture 2)

4) With a door or window model selected; go to the Model Room
    (picture 3)

5) Do not edit the model; instead return to the Assembly Room

6) Select the Archi-Tools building from the Scene Instance list

7) Click on the Model Room (to return to Archi-Tools)

8) Carrara instead displays the previously accidentally modelled door or window rather than the building
    (picture 4)
    (note the grey "fog" covering the model too)

WORKAROUND
    9) Delete the door and window models from the scene
    10) Use the Remove Unused Masters to remove the objects and shaders from the scene completely
    11) Clicking the Model Room with the building selected correctly returns to Archi-Tools

Archi-Tools Bug #2 Repro
    This is probably more Carrara than Archi-Tools.

When rendering a scene with an Archi-Tools building in it, enabling the "Realistic Sky" and using "Enable Ground" causes the render to show *only* the ground colour...all other objects are obscured.

I think this is because the Archi-Tools building is sitting below the Z-plane. It doesn't look like it in the Assembly Room; but look at the Preview Window inside Archi-Tools with picture #1

WORKAROUND
    In the Assembly Room, ensure that the models are on the positive side of the Z-plane.

4_-_archi-tools_shows_the_door_model_instead_of_the_building_model.png
    1920 x 1080 - 377K
    3_-_accidentally_modeling_the_door.png
    1920 x 1080 - 395K
    2_-_Assembly_Room_with_door_prop_selected.png
    1920 x 1080 - 365K
    1_-_archi-tools_basic_building.png
    1920 x 1080 - 328K
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Carrara doesn't close the last thing you brought in to the model room and for some reason has trouble switching to Archi-Tool objects if other objects are still open in the Model room.

I did everything in the step you gave this using the 32 bit non-Beta version of the current build of C8 Pro and had the same thing happen.

I did some further testing too. If you add anything to the scene an bring it into the model, room then try and bring the Archi-Tools building into the model room Carrara will bring the last thing you brought into the model room, that isn't the Archi-Tools building.

If you make a 2nd Archi-Tools building and after working in the model room on the 2nd building. Go to the Assembly room and select the 1st Archi-Tools building and switch to the model room the 2nd building is brought in along with the fog.

The problem is happening only with Archi-Tools objects that you try to bring in the model room after you brought another object into the room.

This is a quicker way to fix this instead of having to delete objects from the scene and remove masters.

In the model room when you see the door or other object press the circle next the name of the object in the model room to it to close it in the model room, Do this if you have any other objects you see that need to be closed it in the Model room. When you have all the model room objects closed, go to the assembly room select the Archi-Tools building you want to work on and go into the Model room now.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    This is a quicker way to fix this instead of having to delete objects from the scene and remove masters.

Thanks Jay!

I have passed this information on to Inagoni. Good to know it is not an Archi-Tools bug. I'll keep your workaround in mind too.