M4 disappears with Jepe's body hair

Dalton321Dalton321 Posts: 13
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I recently purchased Jepe's face and body hair and attempted to load it using the M4 figure. When I do the M4 figure vanishes and only the body hair remains. When rendered all I see is the body hair. Any suggestions?

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,847
    edited December 1969

IIRC you need to load two M4's into your scene, apply the hair to one and the regular textures to the other.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I don't have this, but from the description, it sounds like you need 2 M4 figures loaded. One with the texture/character and a second with the body hair

"With this pack you will get a custom second layer morph for M4 to turn him into an always perfectly fitting, conforming "Body Hair Suit"."

edited December 1969

One thing I forgot to mention, if you have one of the newer builds of DS4.5 then you can use the geometry shell instead of a second figure, it follows the morphs & poses of the figure and will save you half the work.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    One thing I forgot to mention, if you have one of the newer builds of DS4.5 then you can use the geometry shell instead of a second figure, it follows the morphs & poses of the figure and will save you half the work.

Now that's a great use for a geo-shell...I've been wondering what to actually use it for...

• Dalton321Dalton321 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

thanks for the reply. how do I use the geo shell?

edited December 1969

You'll find it under the "Create" drop down menu.

• MortzeMortze Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

Hello!
    I used the geo shell and it looks great before rendering. But when I render the facial hair disapears. Why is that?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

With the figure selected, look at the Parameters tab. Look for a dial "Mesh Offset", this sets how far the shell floats above the figure, in centimetres. The default is 0.1 but if you put a negative value in here, the shell goes under the figure surface.

Also, still in the Parameters tab, the Shell subcategory has a bunch of on/off switches, these are for the visibility of individual surfaces and body parts in the shell. Note that the surface mesh areas and body part mesh areas don't match — e.g. it's possible to have the Torso surface visible but the pectoral body parts invisible, or vice versa.