Carrara node rendering

Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Probably been asked a dozen times, but not by me yet...

Can you use network rendering with a still image? I can only get it to work in animations where each node works on a different frame. Can you get them to work on the same image?

Comments

• Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 1969

Never mind, I have something else causing a problem. Network issue. I'll have to work on this for a bit.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I can in C7. I don't know how the tools work in C8. I know there were supposedly improvements in node management, but haven't used them.

edited December 1969

I think my issue is that one computer is on the network via cable and one is wireless. Trying to get it worked out. It can see the node, but it just isn't using it for anything.

edited December 1969

As I understand it, the nodes can't use a wireless connection.

edited December 1969
    edited January 2013

What they say you can do, and what you can do are sometimes two different things. ;-)

When I mentioned the wired network, Vs. the wireless network, I was going from my experience with C7.2 Pro and earlier. Maybe it changed in C8? It was common knowledge in earlier versions, and there were numerous threads about node issues, including the info about wired networks. I just set my network up the recommended way from scratch, and had no real issues with the actual network. A randomization issue when using some procedural shader functions, yes. Network connection issues, no.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

What they say you can do, and what you can do are sometimes two different things. ;-)

We all know that's true, lol.

I may just run some cable. Even if that's not the issue, it will be faster.

• EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

As I understand it, the nodes can't use a wireless connection.

I have 4 PCs on a wireless network that render animations together (C8 Pro).
    At first I had to mess with settings a bit, so the main PC will be able to see the nodes, but after that it worked just fine.
    While starting a PC that was in hibernation, you might need to close the node and run it again, so it will be recognized.