002-Havoc mat settings in Studio..... help?

MalandarMalandar Posts: 679
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Ok so I decided to use this critter for a render since I had it. I put it in the scene and posed it and figured it was all good even though I had to use old poser mats fr it....... WRONG! First it glowed like a light bulb in the dark so I went back in and changed the ambient on it to 0 but now it looks like the silly thing is made of liquid metal, which is cool and all but NOT the effect I want.

Anyone know some settings that will make the thing's textures show up without making it look like the T-1000?

Image included for reference. Image removed for nudity

On another note while writing up this post I wrote lightbulb which is incorrect it is two words but i clicked the incorrect word just in case and got three options light bulb (which I used) light-bulb and bullfight......WAIT BULLFIGHT? WTF was the coder thinking on THAT ONE?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317
    edited December 1969

Which program are you working in.
    Have you checked the reflection settings, in DS I often find that poser settings have high reflections.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

It's DS4 pro Ill check the reflection settings.

edited December 1969

Yup the reflection settings were at about 50% rendering it out now to see if that did it.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I have a set of D|S materials presets for 002-Havoc that someone came up with several months ago. Can't find the .zip I got them in, and I can't remember the name to search in what's left of the old forums. They do look pretty good in D|S, though. Can anyone remember more details?

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

I have a set of D|S materials presets for 002-Havoc that someone came up with several months ago. Can't find the .zip I got them in, and I can't remember the name to search in what's left of the old forums. They do look pretty good in D|S, though. Can anyone remember more details?

Maybe the ones I made for it a few months back, if it is you can download them from here I think I put a readme in there but I made them in Daz Studio 3 Advanced so I may have to update the readme for studio 4 but not sure.

here is the link to the presets you do need the high res expansion as these are only presets that I did.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/55045/View/7/Material-and-Shader/Havoc-DS-Hi-Res-Mat-Presets.

Sal.

• edited June 2012

[strike]Havoc DS Hi Res Mat Presets. [/strike]

And in the time it took me to find and post that, the creator beat me to it. *looks totally innocent* *sneaks off*

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
  • Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

ThinMick said:
    [strike]Havoc DS Hi Res Mat Presets. [/strike]

And in the time it took me to find and post that, the creator beat me to it. *looks totally innocent* *sneaks off*

lol Instead of following the install readme included in the zip just unzip the presets and copy or move the folder into your "My Libray" folder you will find them in DS4 in your Daz Studio formats,My Library under "Sals Havoc DS Mats"

hope this helps.. :)

Sal.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Those are the best Mat's Sal UK. They are all I use now.

edited June 2012

Sal UK said:

Maybe the ones I made for it a few months back, if it is you can download them from here I think I put a readme in there but I made them in Daz Studio 3 Advanced so I may have to update the readme for studio 4 but not sure.

here is the link to the presets you do need the high res expansion as these are only presets that I did.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/55045/View/7/Material-and-Shader/Havoc-DS-Hi-Res-Mat-Presets.

Sal.

Ill give em a try later

EDIT: changed because I didn't like how the original post looked lol.

Post edited by Malandar on