Animation Contest!

PhoenixDeFalcoPhoenixDeFalco Posts: 71
edited January 2017 in Art Studio

So, I've decided I want to host a bi-monthly contest like the ones in the New Users Contests And Events Forum section, but this contest is just for Animations. The first bi-monthly contest theme is going to be in celebration of the new year (I know, I'm a little late on that, but it's the thought that counts, right? laugh). The theme is: Rebirth and Renewal. Your animation should consist of something that symbolizes the renewal that comes with the new year...The deadline this time is to be set for the end of March, to allow artists plenty of time to create quality pieces for this contest. The Deadline will be set to March 31, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5:00). Post your entries here, but you may use my Animation Thread here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/94601/animation-thread/

The winner of the contest will receive a $100 Gift Code for the DAZ Store, graciously provided by nesch {http://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/1190943/nesch}. Enter Today!

Also, if you're someone who might be interested in sponsoring future contests with a prize or gift certificate, feel free to contact me.

Post edited by PhoenixDeFalco on

Comments

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited January 2017

PhoenixDeFalco,

Great idea to start a bi-monthly animation contest  . .   I will post this in the Carrara forum here for more exposure to the contest..

I just looked in the Carrara forums and the contest has already been announced there but you may want to post a thread in the Daz Studio,Bryce and Poser Forums.  

Post edited by mmoir on
  • Cool! Looking forward to seeing the entries. :)

• The idea of an animation contest is great! Now the challenge of coming up with an idea for 'Rebirth and Renewal' ... .

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Who are you - used iClone

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Watching with interest.  I am no where near even learning the first steps for animation (although, a year ago, I would never have even entertained the idea of doing animation lol) but I am very interested in seeing what others are doing.

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited February 2017

My entry:

Post edited by Tjeb on
  • Tjeb, remember the theme for the contest. Rebirth And Renewal. Also, everyone, please title your entries, if possible. Thanks! Awesome animations so far, everyone keep up the good work!

whos the winner ?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,054

either you or Tjeb I guess cheeky

I think as another said in another thread, nobody on this forum is interested in animation crying

with Genesis 3 its just about impossible too.

I can convert animations over but creating aniblocks from them impossible, they go all screwy  and even as is, the hip is static, I can via Poser even get iClone iMotions over and they work perfectly in Poser but the same issue if used in D|S.

Its pure frustration, I think Genesis 3 is only meant to be posed in DAZ studio for images because I can animate it in anything BUT DAZ studio!

and letsnot get started on Powerpose and Puppeteer angry

D|S has the potential with iray to be awesome for animation but ......

it just does not seem to be a priority

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

And now Genesis 3 can be animated in Carrara as well.  Thanks to Misty.

th3Digit said:

Its pure frustration, I think Genesis 3 is only meant to be posed in DAZ studio for images because I can animate it in anything BUT DAZ studio!

edited April 2017
    Diomede said:

And now Genesis 3 can be animated in Carrara as well.  Thanks to Misty.

th3Digit said:

well thats harder still via D|S I can via iClone easily cheeky

animation that is

Carrara unlike D|S can import the animated FBX files

I have not found a decent way to apply any animations for previous figures to Genesis 3 really in any app in D|S itself, the conversion scripts all have issues and unlike other figures it does not load BVH files using its own bones in D|S yet Poser can with the second rotation option but getting that out of Poser into D|S is not great either.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    th3Digit said:

either you or Tjeb I guess cheeky

I think as another said in another thread, nobody on this forum is interested in animation crying

with Genesis 3 its just about impossible too.

I can convert animations over but creating aniblocks from them impossible, they go all screwy  and even as is, the hip is static, I can via Poser even get iClone iMotions over and they work perfectly in Poser but the same issue if used in D|S.

well if you can't do it no one can - you have been the best at getting thing to work yes

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Is there no winners to this contest???

we are still waiting crying

• bigh said:

we are still waiting crying

I do apologize. I haven't been online at all in the last few months, as my life has taken a few rather tragic turns...A few months ago, my now ex-wife was diagnosed with cancer. Since then, my wife divorced me, i lost my land, my mother passed away, and I lost my job...I am also currently homeless and living off my buddy's couch...So I haven't been online at all...I do apologize.

sorry to hear this - may you find peace