Where in the Material Library is it?

eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in Bryce Discussion

I have made a landscape and a material was automatically assigned to my lattice object.
I liked the material but is there a trick to find that material inside the Material Library for the next time I want to use it?
Where do I click?
If I click the arrow top right of the preview field then I end up "somewhere" but not at the place where the material is.
If I shift click on the Texture name then It opens a different Material Library
If I Alt Click on the Texture name then Bryce hangs.

bloop_067.jpg
643 x 512 - 75K
Post edited by eireann.sg on

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,012
    edited January 2013

If I like a random material I save it in the Users category, and if by accident I do find it in the material lab later, I delete the one I saved.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,138
    edited December 1969

That's exactly as I would have suggested to do. I'm not completely certain but to my knowledge, the randomness doesn't stop at the material/texture libraries, other parameters are also randomised. You may never find such a randomly generated material anymore.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

From what I understand, the randomly assigned materials in the Mat Lab are chosen from the last folder used to add a material in the Mat Lab.

So if you click on the top title (the part where it says; "Waves2") of the three windowed preview block in the right hand panel, while at the same time pressing the 'shift' key, the mat lab library will open and you should see a material called 'Waves2'.

Like Mermaid and Horo, I'd suggest just saving it into your 'User' library as it will then also save the diffuse/ambient/bump etc. settings too.

• eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

From what I understand, the randomly assigned materials in the Mat Lab are chosen from the last folder used to add a material in the Mat Lab.

So if you click on the top title (the part where it says; "Waves2") of the three windowed preview block in the right hand panel, while at the same time pressing the 'shift' key, the mat lab library will open and you should see a material called 'Waves2'.

Like Mermaid and Horo, I'd suggest just saving it into your 'User' library as it will then also save the diffuse/ambient/bump etc. settings too.

@mermaid010, @Horo, @TheSavage64
    Thank you all for the thoughts.

The last folder was the metals folder from where I selected a material, but that fancy red-brown coloured material was not from there.

I think saving it under user might be the best solution although a little bit less chaotic randomness would be nicer.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

When you get to the mat lab library, if you look at the bottom of the window, near the center, you'll see a '-' and a '+'. If you click on the '+' you can then create another folder for material, naming it whatever you want.