Inverse Kinematics really slow

Hi,

Using Genesis and Genesis 2 figures with IK for the feet is really slow in C8.5. Is there any work around here?

Best wishes,
Thomas

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Not sure what you mean - but I never use IK - in favor of just using joint rotation for hand-animating everything.

For me, IK, while very useful for some things, almost always creates more work for me that when I just do it by hand, right from the start. What I mean is that it always seems to push the limits of the constraints in direction I just don't want it to. So then when I correct those things, I have to go back and correct the whole thing.

Anyways, I do know that IK is very useful and commonly used, so we should get this fixed for you.

How are you doing it, setting up your own IK with target helpers?

I know that when we load any Genesis version into Carrara, the IK isn't working properly - we need to use the IK tool to set up the chain, which should give us a Target Helper at the end, like on the foot or hand.

I am not used to doing this, but I think it's fairly simple and fast to do. There's an example in the Browser under Animation, I think it's called - a file called IK or something like that. It's a great little simple figure with an excellent custom Carrara rig, set up with IK helpers

• ThomasScThomasSc Posts: 125

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Had too much objects in the scene. Works now :)

Best wishes,
    Thomas

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Just did a quick trial with G2F (and I used Genesis extenisively in my Trick or Treat animated short) and not seeing any issues with being particularly slow here.