who else is in ?

Lets get it going .

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Does it have Cows in it?

• 3dView3dView Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I know every marathon is started by taking the first stride ........but there are over 40,000 of them to take till you cross the finish line.

Anyhow --there has been some discussion in another thread on this topic and really it would be not fair to just ask who was in or not or even make any sense --without fleshing out the project, its scope , duration, direction etc etc etc etc .

But If you are just trying to gauge potential support for some kind of a community project of some sort ---be it a show reel or animation short ---that's cool. And I would support this in some way as I could.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

As 3d View said, I'll contribute if I can - depending, of course, on what is needed.
    My own movie is finally getting under way, which will be only the first of several. In the long process it took to get to this stage, I've spent nearly all of my time in Carrara learning, discovering, and creating methods and styles that I wanted to achieve a consistent look and feel across the whole series. Such overall consistency is not necessarily needed for a community demo reel sort of thing. In fact, it's probably best to showcase as many different styles and looks as possible... just kicking around thoughts without knowing the overall goal, anyways.

Those who've contributed to the Carrara promo reel on YouTube really know their Carrara stuff - and I've not seen many of them on the forum lately. Since the new forum launch, this place certainly has a long way to go to get back what we once had. Not many artists actually come here to argue or be ridiculed... which truly has been the message lately. I know, because I've seen other artists mention that as the reason for their absence - which is a shame. 3dage has been a major help to everybody - and now he has someone scanning for his posts to find a way to irritate and/or discredit his help. Too bad. I stayed away for many months as well. My broken toe has gotten me in for this stint, but if it continues to be a Fact vs. Fiction bitch-fest, hard to tell how long I'll be frequenting the forums.

Anyways, I've been also working on some products and ideas that are not exclusive to my movie projects - so if I see a need that I can fulfill to help out in this, rather awesome idea, I'd be glad to contribute.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

" some discussion in another thread on this topic "

I know that's why I started this thread .
    There is a lot of talking but I guess no one wanted to follow up .
    So here is the place sign up so to speak .

3 so far .

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

I've been giving this some thought overnight as to what would be needed to pull this off. As mentioned in the other thread, there are certain known pitfalls to a group effort, and I've envisioned ways to get around many of them in theory. So here's what I'd like to do.

JoeMamma has given me some great encouragement. I am a glutton for flattery so I'm inclined to take him up and try to direct this project myself. I think that I am capable of some of it, but my skill level with Carrara, the tool of emphasis, is very limited. Honestly, I suck. If this had been a Bryce project I'd be fine, but Carrara is still slightly outside my element. I am also not a prominent member of the Carrara community, so I am unlikely to know where to find those cleverly hidden Carrara users who know amazing things.

So, here are the minimum requirements.

I'm not sure if official titles are a good way to visualize the roles, so please bear with me as I try to describe the tasks I envision certain individuals performing. The idea is that no one person should have to devote too much of their lifetime, yet still get the project done.

1. I would operate kind of as a Producer. I would coordinate all parties and ensure that everyone gets what they need from the other parties. I would set preliminary deadlines, as well as provide updates to the community about the status of the project. I will begin to seek some kind of funding...I've got as couple of ideas in that direction, including trying to get the film involved in charity fundraising, perhaps setting it up so that proceeds could benefit Sandy victims, something like that. I will also assume the role of deciding final content and shot sequences. However, I need an advisory team of 3 other persons.

2. Next, we need someone to behave as a Technical/Artistic Director. This person needs to have a good grasp of the technical aspects of Carrara. He or she, will need to be familiar with the Shader Room, the Lighting, the Model room, and most vitally, the animation controls. I do not personally have such experience, so I cannot know what types of expectations are practical. nor can I help to solve any problems that arise which are technical in nature. It will be the task of this person to advise me on what types of shots are practical and what types of things to avoid. You will be expected to estimate return times, rough estimates only, but still something. You will likely have 2 people working with you building sequences, that you will then port out to the community for rendering. I'd say this job is the hardest as most vital. It is here that the "look" and feel of the piece is established. If I had my choice to nominate, I'd say Holly, Dartanbeck, come to mind however I know there are a ton of others.

3. Daz3d affiliate/ of some sort. Not quite sure how to describe this part. The project needs someone at Daz3d to acknowledge it, and show it some love. This person does not have to be the CEO, it could be a forum moderator who has the blessing from those above. We just need some way of keeping discussions about the project which take place in public to remain civil and inclusive, and to do that we need some oversight from Daz3d. This liason would also serve as a conduit to Daz3d, if they are interested, to help steer the direction of the project, maybe work in new beta features that could be shown off. all sorts of cool things are possible with the backing of Daz3d. Knowing the Daz staff are probably already overloaded, I know they dont have time to babysit this project, but it would be nice to know they would at least check in on us once in a while.

4. Film/Sound Editor. We need someone who can help compile the whole thing, make it flow and look good and sound good too. These are the types of things I'm hoping Daz3d can give us some leads on if no one from the community steps up. Sound is essential to any film, and as I dont know after effects I cant do the final compiling.

Once the core has been established, and the story has been decided, the Artistic Director will tell us where we need to start. He/she will by then have a list of community members who have provided their emails with a willingness to provide content others merely as render nodes. You will have resources available to you by that time.

I am going to start another thread now, in the new thread I will simply ask for story ideas. We will seek ideas for about a week, and hopefully vote on one by the end of the next week. Once the story is decided upon, myself and the artistic director and hopefully the Daz affiliate will story board the project and begin to assign pre-visualization and subsequent content production.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Does it have Cows in it?

Hmm, actually, I like this idea of cows. Especially a bunch of cows all freaking out about their facebook status or something. Could be fun. I will try to work a cow in there somehow Sock, just for you. You deserve it! After its done you and I will party 'til the cows come home!

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

As 3d View said, I'll contribute if I can - depending, of course, on what is needed.

I'll echo that sentiment! I'm not sure my skills are up to par with you guys - but I'll do what I can. For the record, I really enjoy producing heightfields for terrain. So if we need that...talk to me! :)

...but if it continues to be a Fact vs. Fiction bitch-fest, hard to tell how long I'll be frequenting the forums.

That's truly sad; for both you and 3DAGE. This is OT, so we'll end it here...but I'd hate to see either one of you disappear.

Any other way that I can help, I'll be happy to do so.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited December 1969

a film about cows taking root?
    mmm youtube allows animal sex, so possible but if there is no bull?

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited January 2013

I started rendering out a story years ago in Ray Dream Studio that I likely won't be finishing any time soon.
    It's basis is a daydreaming undersea creature.

It starts when the creature comes across an old shipwreck...he starts daydreaming of how he is a pirate captain on this ship, ruling the high seas, drinking rum with the crew, and ends with a battle on the high seas. He awakens just before he is killed by a cannonball , (by an undersea friend).

Welcome to use this idea. I may be able to locate some of the files, This would save some time....the pirate ship is somewhere?) :roll:

EDIT: The main character is a nautilus (very unique creature), and the enemy pirates are knarly deep sea creatures.

Post edited by McGuiver on
  • ckalan1ckalan1 Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Here is something I posted a while ago. I am currently working on this now. If you are interested in reading the script I can send you a copy.

If anyone would like to help me make this feature length animated movie please send me a PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBUgaKmA8vA&feature=g-upl

I am now ready to tackle this project. After, fiddling around with the tools that DAZ has to offer, I know that I can make a professional quality movie. I have most of the other “industry” 3d programs, but I believe I can pull it off with these DAZ tools.

Every week I hope to add a little more to the movie.

Since, I am a movie distributor I have access to more than 3000 screens. So my plan is to build a fan base little by little and then release the finished movie where the whole movie plus the last 15 minutes will be shown.

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBUgaKmA8vA&feature=g-upl is a quick version of the beginning of the movie. I am planning on rendering the final version in 4K quality. I have decided to edit in Premiere Pro.

edited January 2013

sorry Bigh, did not realize this was one of the serious threads
    blame Sockratease

@Sockratease
    btw if you DO decide to work on Cowrrara the video, count me in

we might not have the moolenium cow and Genesis cow if it comes may not work with its geografted udders
    but do not let that stop us
    I have a few big Vale Alpina backgrounds rendered for the Swiss cowherd scene already.
    can put image sequence zips of our scenes on Google docs with wav files ready to composite into video
    already done Moorusalem the teaser and a few other cow clips, ready for the big one.

DaisyWetUdder in another thread, It could be like an Exquisite Corpse… the parlor game. We could each add a chapter.

But we should avoid the rigid heirarchy of “teams”, there aren’t really enough of us with co-operative temperaments for that to last.

Actually we could organize it to be ongoing and open-ended…. Based on Rashad’s synopsys above I suggest:
    1- The “Bovine Visitor” can be a easily bought Daz or Poser cow or any other bovine form.
    2- Each “chapter” begins with the visitor descending from the milking shed. SOMETHING HAPPENS. Then it goes up into the milking shed. End.
    3- Each chapter gets uploaded to youtube (I prefer Vimeo, for the quality)
    4- Someone adds them to a common Playlist that links them all. (we could create a community account, so more than one person has the password)
    5- There is no director. videos are uploaded as they are completed. They don’t need to play in any particular order (youtube playlists can be shuffled, I think) ...Well except for the opening movie in the paddock….
    6- There are not a lot of rules, and we should be rather liberal about how the cow gets treated in each scenario: it could be a silent observer, it can interact, it can alter its shape and size and textures - so long as it begins and ends traveling to the next scenario. If we’re going to have a community project it should be fun and everyone should be able to participate what they like. (I’d rather not do a laborious unpaid advert for DAZ).

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

blame Sockratease

@Sockratease

we might not have the moolenium cow and Genesis cow if it comes may not work with its geografted udders
    I have a few big Vale Alpina backgrounds rendered for the Swiss cowherd scene already.
    can put image sequence zips of our scenes on Google docs with wav files ready to composite into video
    already done Moorusalem the teaser and a few other cow clips, ready for the big one.

DaisyWetUdder in another thread, It could be like an Exquisite Corpse… the parlor game. We could each add a chapter.

But we should avoid the rigid heirarchy of “teams”, there aren’t really enough of us with co-operative temperaments for that to last.

Actually we could organize it to be ongoing and open-ended…. Based on Rashad’s synopsys above I suggest:
    1- The “Bovine Visitor” can be a easily bought Daz or Poser cow or any other bovine form.
    2- Each “chapter” begins with the visitor descending from the milking shed. SOMETHING HAPPENS. Then it goes up into the milking shed. End.
    4- Someone adds them to a common Playlist that links them all. (we could create a community account, so more than one person has the password)
    5- There is no director. videos are uploaded as they are completed. They don’t need to play in any particular order (youtube playlists can be shuffled, I think) ...Well except for the opening movie in the paddock….
    6- There are not a lot of rules, and we should be rather liberal about how the cow gets treated in each scenario: it could be a silent observer, it can interact, it can alter its shape and size and textures - so long as it begins and ends traveling to the next scenario. If we’re going to have a community project it should be fun and everyone should be able to participate what they like. (I’d rather not do a laborious unpaid advert for DAZ).

I just wanted to get some thing going - so post what you all want to .

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

"DaisyWetUdder" LOLOL! :lol:

edited December 1969

sorry Holly %-P but I knew you would be good for a laugh, this forum has been kinda depressing lately.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

blame Sockratease

@Sockratease

In Wisconsin, they're called, Milking Parlors. Since we're the Dairy State, we should know! Now go eat cheese! :-P

edited January 2013

Cowrara, the trailer

this is the story of cow rara, a long and epic tale, that cannot be fully understood, just experienced, sit back, and enjoy the ride, moo when needed, chew the grass, and regurgitate it, from your cud to enjoy again, and again,, the time shall come for milking, then you will feel the hands, of Hans and Heidy Ho, upon your teats, pulling and squeezing, after grazing contented in this Alpine paradise. There shall be yodelling,,,, and much drinking of schnapps,,,,, enjoy!

to participate in this project you need cow figures in your video
    this it the music score so far, more resources and a synopsis is coming

cowrara-2.jpg
    1428 x 2000 - 501K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on