model room

Is there a way to xhange the color o edges/verts so i canf see themg better?

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

hya sorry dont know but checl page 36 of this manual http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/artzone/pub/faq/software_carrara/carrara/carrara_8_basic_guide.pdf

you might be able to change the background colour instead

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

Already chnged the bckground. Doesn't help much.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI LOH

nice to see you again,. :)

Have you changed the default colours scheme,. ?  ,. if so, you may want to try resetting the colours back to default.

In the Preferences, (file / preferences) you can change some colours,. ..I donlt know if you can change the colours for verts and edges,. (i dont have any issues dealing with the default colour scheme, so i've never dabbled in the UI colours.

Can you post a screen cap,. so we can see what you're working with,. it may help us to see what problem you're having.

Andy :)

Well, apparently, there really isn't a way, so nevermiiiiiind...

HEYO Andy! What's new?

Learning new stuff, or  ..trying to learn new stuff :)

getting deeper into After Effects / Element3D  ..and trying to learn 3D Coat

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited February 2017
    3DAGE said:

Learning new stuff, or  ..trying to learn new stuff :)

getting deeper into After Effects / Element3D  ..and trying to learn 3D Coat

Oh yeah! Now we're talkin'! Deep, deep schtuff!

I don't have 3D Coat, but watched some of the tutorials on their channel at YouTube. Wow is that ever something. Hmmm... Element3D? Now I have to look!

Edit: Ahh... AE plugin :(

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited February 2017

I'm also learning E3D, it's another world, but Carrara can be usefull in this world!

Post edited by DUDU on
    edited February 2017

3D Coat...I'd forgotten that even existed. Is it warm and comfy?

Post edited by VIArts on

It's nice and fluffy,. :)

it's a great program,. very much like Z-brush, but with voxels rather than Z-spheres.

The problem I have with both is just the thought process,. i'm so used to modelling low poly stuff, then adding more detail,. rather than,.. forget anything to do with polygons and resolution, just create something,. then later you can auto-rebuild that as a much lower resolution poly model with all it's texture maps.

as far as Element3D goes,. i'd say it's more than a plugin,. it's a game changer.

load or create 3D objects directly into your video editor, create physically based shaders or load texure maps or "a layer" from your comp,. arrange those 3D objects in space, or replicate them on a grid, sphere, plane, 3D object,. with animation controls  for the replicator, and/or it's particles, and distortion options such as Bend, Twist, Noise,...

it's possibilities are huge.

you can also import OBJ sequences,. or rig your 3D objects to have moving parts directly inside Element3D.

3DAGE said:
    as far as Element3D goes,. i'd say it's more than a plugin,. it's a game changer.

load or create 3D objects directly into your video editor, create physically based shaders or load texure maps or "a layer" from your comp,. arrange those 3D objects in space, or replicate them on a grid, sphere, plane, 3D object,. with animation controls  for the replicator, and/or it's particles, and distortion options such as Bend, Twist, Noise,...

you can also import OBJ sequences,. or rig your 3D objects to have moving parts directly inside Element3D.

3DAGE said:

It's nice and fluffy,. :)

it's a great program,. very much like Z-brush, but with voxels rather than Z-spheres.

The problem I have with both is just the thought process,. i'm so used to modelling low poly stuff, then adding more detail,. rather than,.. forget anything to do with polygons and resolution, just create something,. then later you can auto-rebuild that as a much lower resolution poly model with all it's texture maps.

I'm sorry. Is fhat Greek? lol

It does sound like a whole other world.

I don't hae ZBrush either. I wsih i did, plus 3DS Ma and Maya. hell, i wish u had it all. lol But i did just grab Silo to try out.

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited February 2017
    3DAGE said:

Element3D is indeed cool way (very convinient) to work directly with 3d objects in compositor, here is a example of instances, city in this video was generated with it:

Enjoy smiley

Post edited by FifthElement on

I see overall the" Particular" plugin, is it the town the .obj.

This clip brought tears in my eyes, I don't know why, thank you so much to let me know this group!crying

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    DUDU said:

This clip brought tears in my eyes, I don't know why, thank you so much to let me know this group!crying

I feel the same

Let's all cry ryogether. lol

I have a question. I've not tried something like this yet, but if you want to stick a 3D model into real video footage, how do you get lighting on the model to match?

AE has it's own lights sources but, I use build my animations in Carrara with the same kind of lighting and use the shadows catcher, for the shadows of course.

My renders are always in .tga sequences (because I sometime go in Autodesk/Combustion for very special FX in 32 bits).

Nice example of the Element 3D (Metropolitan) pack,.  thanks for posting it :)

I have that set, and the Flight pack, and I got the Motiondesign pack last December, so i've been messing around with that recently,.doing client work for the NAM show.  

I've been making up models in carrara to use in Element3D with the replication /symmetry options it has now, it's very easy to create a complex looking set, from a few simple bits., the same with the metropolitan pack , it's alot like the free dystopian city blocks (posers DS etc..),. but much better quality models and textures.

you add a few buildings and replicate and distribute, randomize,. element even has an option to randomize on 90 degree's for buildings, something which would be nice in carrara's replicators.

DUDU :)

AE does 32 bit,. 16,bit and 8 bit,. you can change the comp settings in the toolbar or in the comp settings dialogue

there are some tutorials over at Videocopilot.net which either focus on 32bit , or jump through different settings,. the recent "Rain" tutorial uses 32 bit.

but,. you probably know that,.

LOH ;)

It depends on how you put the Model and "live video" together,.

in Carrara,. you can load video into the Scene /Backdrop ,. then you can add objects and render out the combined results.

You would adjust the lighting in Carrara to match any shadow angle in your footage,. you can also use the Same footage or a "still" frame as the reflection map, or the Background environment which can also help with the lighting

In a compositor, you have controls like an image editor, to adjust colour, brightness, etc,.. so you can adjust different bits of footage to match 

So,. if you rendered out several objects, you could combine those with footage, and match the colour tone and lighting using adjustments.

• DUDU said:

Within Temptation is one of my most favorite bands of all time, Sharon (lead singer) IMO is, hands down, one of the best vocals on the planet...

Another one is a French singer Indila wink

Amazingly, it's a group from not so far to my home (The Netherland) and I didn't know them, it's a shame!

In this one, we can see the mark of Andrew Krammer:

I'm sorry Andy, I didn't see your post (any notification by eMail).

I will look for this pack wich seems interresting.

Yes, I work in 32 bits in AE, but Combustion is an old program (2008) and I use it for my FX until now, it include "Particule illusion" and can do the same work as AE (in this time...).

Thanks for the tip about the Metropolitan pack!