HELP: problems with texture and viewport.....

roranroran Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi at all!!! i'm new in this forum, and i don't know yet how it works,,,,so..if i am in the wrong place....sorry.... if i have wrong not metter what...sorry,,,
and my english is not good....so sorry again! anyway..i have formatted my pc-.-...and not reinstalling all drivers yet....but video driver yes...i think...and daz 4.5 ......before format everything works.....now when I apply a material to m4 genitalia, does not work, I mean, in the viewport i see holes in the penis and is transparent .... while the rendering is completely normal and it shows good, but only if I use Vincent and The Freak4's materials. but if I use m4's material is all ok .....
Obviously the problem is only m4's genitalia ...and repeat...before i format was ok...could be some driver? but i don't think...the rest is ok...everything works...and with his material m4's penis works too....bah..i don't know... I hope that someone understand me and know answer...thank's at all .....ah...before i format..i had daz 4, not 4.5...maybe is this? content for m4 doesn't work?! i don't know!...thank's again!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

There is no problem. What you are seeing is normal.

The way OpenGL handles transparency differs greatly from the way the 3Delight renderer does. Overlapping transparency maps can cause this 'problem', with the OpenGL preview. So as long as it renders correctly everything is fine.

• roranroran Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

great! thank's! but now what i can do 4 adjust? i mean...it can works, no? I do not think that it should work that way...or i 'm wrong?

edited December 1969

someone????? please?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Some genital textures will do it, others won't...

There is no 'fix' because there is no problem...it's just the way the OpenGL preview works with the transparency maps.

I suppose you could, under the surface pane, remove the transparency map...

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

How about two of us saying the same thing "There is no ‘fix’ because there is no problem…it’s just the way the OpenGL preview works with the transparency maps" :)

edited December 1969

ok ...but before it works with any texture.....what is changed now????is frustrating work so....

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

If you need to work with it, turn off transparency, then turn it back on when it's time to render.