Missing teeth morphs not working

dyretdyret Posts: 182
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

After upgrading Studio the morphs by Oom_Fooyat stopped working. I know there used to be a work around for these morphs but I've not been able to find it. Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2013

Yes...there is a work around.

It requires removing them, completely. Then restarting DS without them, after which you can add them back (I prefer closing down DS and adding them with it closed). You will then get 1 use with them 'active'....with this you need to go and resave each one...File > Save As > Support Asset > Morph Assets...

If you don't get them all saved, you need to repeat the process from the top...

I did them one at a time. That way, you can copy the morph file into the folder and add a new Genesis to the scene in DS and get an 'active' morph...without having to restart. But you do need to get them resaved while 'active'.

It's not that DS4.5 'broke' them...the script used to create them is not completely compliant with the dsf file standard and it writes a file that, while usable in 4.0, isn't really a correctly formatted file. DS4.5 is much pickier and adheres much more closely to the published standard. It does give one 'active' use the first time it's loaded, so it can be saved in the proper format.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

ok. thank you. will have a go at it asap :-)