Why mix Mac and PC download files??

info a385info a385 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Having just purchased quite a lot of products from the store, I trotted off to the download page. I now have a stinking headache from sorting out i.e.. downloading pc files and missing out others designed for Mac users, and then some aimed at poser. Would it be impossible for these to be sorted out before they reach the download page?, or is there some way that I am supposed to know, some secret sorting process that nobody bothers to tell newbs about, I need a cup of tea and some co-codamol now ***stard - - - Oh and a ciggy!::

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Just hang on for a while.

The reason that they are not now sperated, like the old store, is because ALL file will be in ZIP format, and there wont be any difference between Mac and PC downloads. It has taken longer that first envisiged I think, but it will come soon.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2013

It has taken longer that first envisiged I think, but it will come soon.

Yeah...eventually...

In the mean time...

Taozen has some handy tools (so everyone that uses them says...)

taosoft.dk/software/3dcondo/

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • edited January 2013

Having just dropped 69.95 on the Mil horse 2 and having it non-functional in Studio it would be nice to have a list division betweeen the types AT LEAST! I now get to try to decipher the individual files to see if I can figure out why nothing is working and try the installs over and over until the correct formula is somehow achieved.......
    Come on DAZ, at least have the files appear in SOME sort of order instead of hodge-podge all mixed together!

And another thing...why in the HELL would I want a desktop shortcut to the individual files?

Post edited by mpender321_c16bd5aae4 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,156
    edited December 1969

The files are usually paired, mac and Windows, for each file. Are you using DS 4.0 or 4.5? I think the horse needs 4.5.

The desktop shortcut, if you allow it, is one shortcut to the DAZ store - you don't get an icon per product. If you didn't delete it you already have the shortcut from installing DS.

• kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

TR_1 said:
    Having just dropped 69.95 on the Mil horse 2 and having it non-functional in Studio it would be nice to have a list division betweeen the types AT LEAST! I now get to try to decipher the individual files to see if I can figure out why nothing is working and try the installs over and over until the correct formula is somehow achieved.......
    Come on DAZ, at least have the files appear in SOME sort of order instead of hodge-podge all mixed together!

And another thing...why in the HELL would I want a desktop shortcut to the individual files?

\

My advice: stop shopping until they get it right. demand refunds when it doesn't work as advertised (including incomplete download offerings). You know things get lost in the interwebs; I'm not talking about that. But when they tell you that the offering includes XYZ and that's not there, or it's nonfunctional despite your knowing that you followed their instructions, then they're selling a flawed product, and you 're right to demand a refund.

other advice:

Use your browser's text search function on the download page. Firefox, for instance, has a handy "highlight all" text search that's useful for making PC downloads stand out.

Post edited by kurthurt on