Export Clothes to Daz 3D

nafyusnafyus Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello. What setting do i use to export Clothes to Daz 3D? Everything i do is wrong. Theres little info on the subject and im getting really hacked off now. They always end up being to big or to small. AAAAAGGGGHHH Whats going on?

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Export them to the proper scale.

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited June 2012

Probably the last person that you should take advise from on Daz Studio, but I did try it once just to see what to do.

1. Exported the genesis figure from Studio to Hexagon (send to Hexagon)
    2. Modeled the shirt
    3. Sent back to Studio with the 'send to) button.

It was a perfect fit because it's a one for one transfer.

There is a transfer utility in Daz Studio, but haven't worked with it, just watched the video on Youtube.

I found that objects (OBJ file format) imported from Hexagon into Studio come in at 10X smaller. So if the default is 100%, then you should import it at 1000%.

That's pretty much kludging the process though and probably not recommended. heh

Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Nafyus101 said:
    Hello. What setting do i use to export Clothes to Daz 3D? Everything i do is wrong. Theres little info on the subject and im getting really hacked off now. They always end up being to big or to small. AAAAAGGGGHHH Whats going on?

What I can offer is a walk-trough of my work-flow.

Export the figure you are creating something for as an .obj-file. This is for use as a mannequin. Save is somewhere you will find it again.
    First remember to zero your figure.
    When exporting make sure the scale is set to Poser in the export dialog box.

When importing the mannequin into Hexagon: I use an import scale of 100 %
    I have a master mannequin Hexagon-file for every DAZ figure I'm making models for, that I make copies of when I start something new.

After the modeling is done (remember to hide the mannequin, or it will be exported as well....been there, done that to many times)
    export the model to an .obj file with an export scale of 0,01 %

Then when importing into DAZ Studio for rigging, make sure the scale is set to Poser in the import dialog box.

Hope this is somewhat helpfull :-)

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Agree with Varsel, with the exception that I import Gen 4 models at 500% and export at .002% - also remember to strip out the materials on the mannekin - I keep keep a library of mannekins ready for Hex.

Haven't tried doing anything for Genesis - do the same proportions work with it, not being a Poser figure?

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:

Haven't tried doing anything for Genesis - do the same proportions work with it, not being a Poser figure?

Yes it does. Studio follows the same Poser measurement scale as Poser do, so the Genesis mesh has to be exported out in the same way.

And good point about stripping out the materials.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Varsel - I'll keep that in mind for when and if Genesis gets working correctly in Carrara :-)

• nafyusnafyus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you everyone for your help. I didn't notice the "send to" options. Me being stupid sorry. Also is there anyway to apply my own face to a figure. Like in Poser with the head room or whatever they call it?

edited December 1969

Also is there anyway to apply my own face to a figure. Like in Poser with the head room or whatever they call it?

There are a number of ways of doing this - none of which is easy 1-2-3D. Daz Studio has a paid plugin which seems to be about the easiest - then there are some other paid apps, such as FaceGen. The free FaceWorx works well, but takes some work to get really good at.

Then again, you could model your head from photos - look for tutes from CGDreams or Ryan Kittleson on how to do this.

Basically, you would model a head then substitute that for the head in the model.

• edited December 1969

Nafyus101 said:
    Also is there anyway to apply my own face to a figure. Like in Poser with the head room or whatever they call it?

Believe it or not, making a texture using your own face is the best place to start. Then all you have to do is shape a given model's head to come even sloppily close to your own head shape and apply the texture. I've done it with myself and it gets downright eerie.

Never underestimate the power of a good texture image. :)