Soundlufs pics thread - Iray brought me here...

SoundLufsSoundLufs Posts: 67
edited February 2017 in Art Studio

Hello fellow users!

I have been using Daz and Iray for more than a year now, and since I do it as a hobby, I barely find the time for it lately. I have number of finished renders, which I didn`t totally hate after awhile, so hoping that sharing them here, would motivate me to make and bring some new ones. I did post some of them in other threads, though the egocentric part of me cried for a thread of my own...

Initially  - Iray brought me to DAZ, and to my rendering hobby in general. While I do have different themes or styles of renders (but mostly woman portraits - who would have guessed?)  I dedicate my showcasing thread to working with Iray, and trying to bring it closer to traditional arts, both graphic and photography, or at least trying to add some tiny degree of artistic quality to it.

So the first one I post, is also one of the oldest really, called "Clown Doll" in which I have tried to mimic regular photo of a toy put on a table.

After some time, I began wondering how far I could go into graphic style with regular Iray (no special shaders). I did use some postwork hovewer, though limiting it to color adjustment, not allowing myself any plugins or any photoshop. So one of the first I came up with was "Woman Posing":

Fast forwarding a bit, I admit that dealing with woman "portraiting" in various graphic styles got me really hooked, becoming a huge part of my total output. I do like some of the more recent results, such as these two - "Girl Sitting" and "Woman in an old style dress":

Thanks for anyone visiting my thread, and will continue next time.. 

Post edited by SoundLufs on

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Welcome to the Art thread! Will be watching your progress with interest.  I really like the woman in the old fashioned dress, the whole render has the feel of an old fashioned photograph

• Welcome to the Art thread! Will be watching your progress with interest.  I really like the woman in the old fashioned dress, the whole render has the feel of an old fashioned photograph

Thank you for the warm welcome, Sonja! As stated earlier, I just pull stuff out of my drawer for now, in the next few weeks I just probably share last year works. Hopefully will be able to come up with new ones soon!

• Welcome, to the Art Studio.  I really like that first one and the last one.  Very nice images. 

SoundLufs said:

Welcome to the Art thread! Will be watching your progress with interest.  I really like the woman in the old fashioned dress, the whole render has the feel of an old fashioned photograph

Thank you for the warm welcome, Sonja! As stated earlier, I just pull stuff out of my drawer for now, in the next few weeks I just probably share last year works. Hopefully will be able to come up with new ones soon!

You will get plenty of encouragement here lol!

• Welcome!  I look forward to seeing more of your work!

• SoundLufsSoundLufs Posts: 67
    edited February 2017

Thank you Sonja, Knittingmommy and TabascoJack for your encouragement!

I`ll continue the story of my Iray adventures then.  In the beggining, I did manage to produce some generic images, before being totally taken by woman portraits series. As an example, here is a pseudo-realistic take on some toys and a castle:

In a strive for outdoors imagery, I came up with a "Seaside" pic:

On the pseudo-art front, I have made "Old Tavern Cellar" pic, trying to come closer to an oil painting feel:

Fast forwarding again, within time I tried to mix feminine motives with other ideas and techniques, coming up with "Bored", where I tried to come closer to 70s vinyl covers art and such, and "Road for Two" which had strictly photorealistic ambitions:

Thanks for anyone reading and watching, I will upload some more pics, and continue soon.

• The toy castle came out well - good use of depth of field and also a nice shader on the table.   I might have panned the camera up just a hair to get the tops of the spires in the frame, but that's a minor nit.

I also like 'Road for Two'.  I can easily see it as album cover art as well.

I would never have thought to use the castle as a toy.  Great idea!

Your seaside really creates a melancholy lonely mood, at least for me.  in a totally good way I should add.

Great job on the lighting in the cellar.

I'm really liking the large with the small in the next one, its an interesting thing to explore.

I was in in grade school in the 70's and don't really recall much about album covers lol.  but I like the render anyway it does evoke the feelings of a lot of the 70's music which I am still a big fan of

edited February 2017

Thank you so much for your support friends!

I guess I have a few batches of last year pics left, to round off my Iray adventure story... So, as I mentioned earlier, at one point, women portraying series took 99% of my time and efforts, and most of them really went in two parallel categories, dancers, and various fantasy themes. So today I will cover the dancers,  starting with the very first DAZ pic I ever made - "Dancing Girl":

Then I turned to a sitting girl motive, and one, which was done in a more graphic fashion called "Girl on a Stand" (while not exactly in her dancing outfit, the premise was she is a dancer;)

After several other tries, I made another sitting dancer, this time in a more obvious "behind the scenes" setting,  and more photographic styling:

And finally, there was a pic called "In the Park", which included additional graphical experimenting, always making sure that all elemenths are done inside the Iray scene,  no photoshop composition, no layering,  just the render with mild color adjustments in the post.

Thanks for anyone reading and watching!  Will get back next time, with the final batch of fantasy pics.  

Really like the dancer sitting next to the curtain.

edited March 2017

Thanks for your kind words, Sonja! And thanks all for the support. Its time for the final round of last year pictures, before I`ll try to get myself back into DAZ again...

As mentioned before, many of my woman portraits were dealing with fantasy subjects, adding to the fact that each time I tried some different Iray technique to go with it. So for starts its a pic called "Furiosity":

As a tribute to J-pop style fantasy, I`ve came up with this pic:

Next one dealing with marine motives and called "Woman posing in a blue dress":

Then a touch of Sci-Fi in the next pic:

And finally, another japanese inspired pic called "Girl looking up":

So to sum things up - I really recommend Iray for anyone in search for an artistic 3D rendering inspiration. I love the way it can surprise you, and become more of a paintbrush than just an algorithm of lights and reflections.  Thanks a lot for anyone reading and watching, I hope to be back soon enough with some new pics! 

Im really drawn to the touch of sci fi pic.  Something about her eyes, it really makes you look twice.

edited June 2017

Hello dear forum members!

Finally I got back to action, this time wishing to refresh the images on my music page. So first is the new profile pic:

-----------------EDIT 2 June------------------

I still wasn`t sure about the pic, so ended up considerably reworking it, and here is the updated version (Clicking on pic opens the actual profile page).

I hope to make many more promotion style pics soon, both cause it gives me a good excuse to fire up DAZ ;) and both cause my obsession with women portraits is actually a good companion for advertising.

edited June 2017

Hello again!

My next graphic made for promotional purpose, goes for my bestselling track "Italian Tarantella" (Clicking on pic opens the actual music page):

Damn, I love Iray....getting back to work now.

edited November 2017

Wow its been awhile!  I didn`t touch Daz for some months, and now while testing the newly installed 4.10 (worked fine) I couldn`t stop till this little portrait using the Ninive character was ready.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

She is very beautiful indeed!!!

I am glad you back to rendering yet again Sound!!!

• Thank you so much for the encouragement, Saphirewild!

edited November 2017

Could not resist to open up Daz again, so I decided to refresh my Audiojungle profile banner:

FUN FACT: Its still Skelita, like in my previous profile pic, but with different hair, and apparently no need for other wardrobe...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Your banner looks good!

edited November 2017

Thank you Serene!

Meanwhile I got nostalgic for G2F base, haven`t used her for ages. My try at her portrait went down the retro road, so now I feel as if we graduated the same class...;)))

edited November 2018