Can't safe projects in Look at my Hair anymore

ancestorsrelicancestorsrelic Posts: 0

Have someone an idea? I can't safe projects in "Look at my Hair" anymore. After working for about a week with LAMH without problems, i suddenly got the following error-message when i tried to safe a project and DAZ-Studio shut down:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Users\corleis\Desktop\Arbeitsprogramme\DAZ Studio 4.5\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:000000006CF86772, operator>>()+498 byte(s)

Register
RAX=0000000023BAB868 RBX=00000000380D5000
RCX=0000000000000030 RDX=0000000000000000
RSI=000000000118AB70 RDI=00000000380D5002
FLG=00010202 RBP=000000000000002D

I have no idea what happened. All LAMH-projects are involved. From one second to the other i got this error and can't get out there to get it running again: I have restarted DAZ-Studio, but the error was still there. I restarted my PC, and the error was there. I deinstalled DAZ-Studio and LAMH and re-installed both again... and the error is still there.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2013

I suggest that you would be better to post this in the LaMH official thread. Would you like me to move it over there for you ?

Both Alessandro and Kendall visit the thread regularly.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Have someone an idea? I can't safe projects in "Look at my Hair" anymore. After working for about a week with LAMH without problems, i suddenly got the following error-message when i tried to safe a project and DAZ-Studio shut down:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Users\corleis\Desktop\Arbeitsprogramme\DAZ Studio 4.5\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:000000006CF86772, operator>>()+498 byte(s)

Register
    RAX=0000000023BAB868 RBX=00000000380D5000
    RCX=0000000000000030 RDX=0000000000000000
    RSI=000000000118AB70 RDI=00000000380D5002
    FLG=00010202 RBP=000000000000002D

I have no idea what happened. All LAMH-projects are involved. From one second to the other i got this error and can't get out there to get it running again: I have restarted DAZ-Studio, but the error was still there. I restarted my PC, and the error was there. I deinstalled DAZ-Studio and LAMH and re-installed both again... and the error is still there.

Hi I believe we already messaged on FB :) In case you need support, please email me at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com
    Thanks

• ancestorsrelicancestorsrelic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I suggest that you would be better to post this in the LaMH official thread. Would you like me to move it over there for you ?

Both Alessandro and Kendall visit the thread regularly.

Hello chohole,
    pardon, it was my fault, i didn't saw, that there is a special threat already started for LAMH. Moving it over there is a good idea.

edited December 1969

Hi I believe we already messaged on FB :) In case you need support, please email me at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com
    Thanks

Hello Alessandro,

yes, this was me :-)
    I tried the re-install of both programs (DS and LAMH) as the last try, but it didn't worked. I still have the feeling that somewhere is some "wrong" data saved in some hidden folder by DAZ-Studio, that is "blocking" a clean new install of both programs. After the deleting and new install of DS and LAMH runned without that i had to type in the serial-numbers again.
    I am still confused and can't figure out, what i have maybe done wrong, because in the last days i had no problems... Okay, some of the "usual" crashes, but after the restart of DS all was okay again and i was able to continue my work from the last saved file.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Check for a MS update or other Update. Some Updates have caused me problems in the past. Just an Idea. No idea if it is the problem or not.

edited December 1969

Thanks

Hello Alessandro,

yes, this was me :-)
    I tried the re-install of both programs (DS and LAMH) as the last try, but it didn't worked. I still have the feeling that somewhere is some "wrong" data saved in some hidden folder by DAZ-Studio, that is "blocking" a clean new install of both programs. After the deleting and new install of DS and LAMH runned without that i had to type in the serial-numbers again.
    I am still confused and can't figure out, what i have maybe done wrong, because in the last days i had no problems... Okay, some of the "usual" crashes, but after the restart of DS all was okay again and i was able to continue my work from the last saved file.

Hey Carsten, try to delete the Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/lookatmyhair.cfg file. Next time you run it, you'll need to enter the activation data.
    If you are still having troubles, please email me bot Studio log file and LAMH logfile at info_at_alessamdromastronardi.com, so that I can take a look. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Hello Alessandro,
    Pardon for my annoying problems. I found some new things out:

Some older selfmade hair-presets load and save without problems. I save my presets the following way after do some more work on it: "filename01.lmh", the next version with "filename02.lmh" and so on, to have always some older failsafe-versions when something went wrong.

The problem is, that i cant't figure out, what are the differences, for example, between "filename05.lmh" that saves without problems, and "filename06.lmh" that cause DS to crash when i try to safe it. I did always some changings between them, make some hair-parts longer or shorter, comp the hair here and there etc. and until the "series of saving-crashes" started i was able to save them too. But something must be wrong in this files, in spite that they load without problems in LAMH

Hmmm.. shall i send you one of my "crashing presets" via e-mail, so you can took a look on it and try it out?

edited December 1969

Hello Alessandro,
    Pardon for my annoying problems. I found some new things out:

Some older selfmade hair-presets load and save without problems. I save my presets the following way after do some more work on it: "filename01.lmh", the next version with "filename02.lmh" and so on, to have always some older failsafe-versions when something went wrong.

The problem is, that i cant't figure out, what are the differences, for example, between "filename05.lmh" that saves without problems, and "filename06.lmh" that cause DS to crash when i try to safe it. I did always some changings between them, make some hair-parts longer or shorter, comp the hair here and there etc. and until the "series of saving-crashes" started i was able to save them too. But something must be wrong in this files, in spite that they load without problems in LAMH

Hmmm.. shall i send you one of my "crashing presets" via e-mail, so you can took a look on it and try it out?

Hi Carsten, absolutely yes. Please send both a working and a KO preset at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com , so that I can compare those and see what might have happened. Thanks

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Hi

I have been having the same issue.

Particluarly with the Millenium Dog presets, even my own saved presets for Millenuim dog causes this access violation error.

Hope this can be resolved soon.

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

Hi

I have been having the same issue.

Particluarly with the Millenium Dog presets, even my own saved presets for Millenuim dog causes this access violation error.

Hope this can be resolved soon.

Cheers,

S.K.

Hi S.K., you loaded the original preset, styled it and saved, and loading it back would cause a crash? That right?

edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro,

No,

I created my own style and saved it.

Then when I later tried to reload and apply that preset in a new scene I got the access violation error.

Note this is for the Milenium Dog Figure, all other model presets currently seem to load and apply without issue.

S.K.

edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro,

No,

I created my own style and saved it.

Then when I later tried to reload and apply that preset in a new scene I got the access violation error.

Note this is for the Milenium Dog Figure, all other model presets currently seem to load and apply without issue.

S.K.

Ok, so it was a preset created from scratch. Would you be so kind, if it's not an issue for you, to email it at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com, so that I may figure out what went wrong? Thanks

edited December 1969

Will Do,

I am at work at present, but I can email the preset to you a little later on.

I think I might have the crash log stored as well, so I shall include that if I have it.

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

Hello Alessandro,

Maybe this can help you to track down my "saving-problem". I just figured something out, that may be the cause for the saving-error:

For my Sabertooth-preset the error occured first, when i made a new shave-zone by using the "splitting"-button for "cutting off" a new shave-zone for the tailtip from an existing shave-group. All older presets before splitting off this new shave-zone for the tailtip i can load, alter and still save without problems.

The same was the case for my BigHorn-Sheep. Here i created later a second shave-group using the "splitting"-button too, to separate a new shave-group from an existing one, and all presets before this splitting up of a new shavegroup are saving without any problems. All other, with 2 shave-groups, are crashing during saving.

For my Neanderthal-man the case was quite different: Here i created new shave-groups right during making my hair. So here the shave-groups are not created later by using the "splitting"-function, but directly by clicking on "+" and adding of new shave-groups and painting my follicles for it. My Neanderthal-man load and save without any problems in all versions.

So my presets where i used the "splitting"-button to cut off a new shave-group from an existing shave-group are crashing when saving.
    But my preset for the Neanderthal-man where i generated new shave-groups "on the fly" by clicking on "+" for adding a totally new shave-group when i needed it (instead of splitting them up from existing shave-groups), load and save without any problems in all saved versions.

When splitting off a new shave-group from an existing one, i can save my new preset so long without problems as DAZ and LAMH is running. When i close DAZ and LAMH and start both again, load my project into LAMH and try to safe it again, it crashes.
    When DAZ is crashing during saving, the density-map (.jpg) will be saved, but the .lmh-file only with its name, but without any data and 0 bytes length.

I hope, that can help you. At least i think i found (with the splitted off shave-groups) the exact point where the error occured for the first time.