Is it possible to use the Kinect to mocap for Daz Studio?

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I recently bought a Kinect Sensor and downloaded the most recent drivers for Windows. Is it possible to use the Kinect and Daz Studio to motioncap Genesis or any of the characters? If not directly are there any workarounds? It seems like it would be more efficient than trying to pose characters by hand. Thanks!

Comments

• edited December 1969

There are several marker less mo cap software packages which capture kinect data and export bvh files which maybe imported into DAZ as long as a character is in the scene on you tube search marker less mocap with kinects sensor here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwiLfEb5CA two packages you may want to try are ipi markerless motion capture for kinect and Nui motion capture for kinect software they both have trial versions just search google you should find both packages easily !!! hope that helps I have used both with success but never tried with Genisis

• MaterialForgeMaterialForge Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm currently testing the ipisoft system out, so far it looks like a viable solution for far less money than a traditional mocap rig.

Keep in mind with the Kinect if you are using it for commercial projects, there's an additional license fee (they call it "Kinect for Windows" - I'm not sure if the camera itself is different or if that's just the charge for a commercial license).