Reformat Issues

I had to reformat my computer recently, so I copied all my daz data from my computer to an external and put it back again, after I reinstalled it.
However, when I load one of the scenes I had saved, it tells me it can't find the content for that scene, cameras are there, lights are there but not my models, I don't want to have to re do all my models again.

They work fine if I load them from the content library, but I save all my models in scene files.

Please help me.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The most likely problem is that you didn't save the Data folder. If the Data folder is there, it could be the list of content folders is incorrect, or if you're using Vista or Win7 and the content is in Program Files, then the OS is protecting the Program Files folder.

If you no longer have the Data folder contents, you can recreate the Data files by loading each object from the Poser versions, injecting morphs if needed, and saving a dummy scene. You don't need to pose, texture, morph or position the items, just load them all in the center of the scene and save it. That creates the data files, and you can then delete the dummy scene.

• edited December 1969

Thank you, I think that was the problem, I have vista and in the event I have to do this again (cross my fingers I don't) where exactly is the data folder located?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The data folder is one of the top-level folders in your content folder, alongside Runtime, etc. So directly underneath "My Library" or "Content" or whatever your content folder is named.