means of contacting specific vendors regarding product issues?

unlike Renderosity, I see no immediate means of asking a vendor a question regarding their product.  For instance, if there was a means, I'd ask goldtassell whether the headband, ribbons and scarves could be removed altoghether from Pirates Hair after being applied to a figure?    Since promo thumbnails are limited, and descriptions not really tailored to the newer user, it is immensely helpful to be able to ask questions of vendors regarding their products.    ....and they can always choose whether a particular question warrants the courtesy of a timely answer.  So my suggestion is: create a contact link to the author for each product, and then leave it up to the vendor as to whether answering might better facilitate making the sale....     ...or is there already such a means that I just can't find...?  

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,916

Contact support. Daz handles all the support for products. If they can't figure it out they contact the vendor.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Or you can ask on the forums, The commons would be the best place.

Someone's already purchased it and can tell you what you want to know about a product :)

• I usually try the forum mail to contact a vendor. If it's not clear what the vendor's forum name is, you should contact Daz support, they will handle it

• SF-Design said:

I usually try the forum mail to contact a vendor. If it's not clear what the vendor's forum name is, you should contact Daz support, they will handle it

In the case of the hair mentioned, contacting DAZ should be the option chosen anyway, as it lists DAZ Original as one of the artists.

• unlike Renderosity, I see no immediate means of asking a vendor a question regarding their product.  For instance, if there was a means, I'd ask goldtassell whether the headband, ribbons and scarves could be removed altoghether from Pirates Hair after being applied to a figure?    Since promo thumbnails are limited, and descriptions not really tailored to the newer user, it is immensely helpful to be able to ask questions of vendors regarding their products.    ....and they can always choose whether a particular question warrants the courtesy of a timely answer.  So my suggestion is: create a contact link to the author for each product, and then leave it up to the vendor as to whether answering might better facilitate making the sale....     ...or is there already such a means that I just can't find...?  

Not sure about the specific product mentioned

If the headband/ribbons have their own material zones, you can lower the opacity in the materials tab to essentially "hide" them

Hope that helps

Also, if a PA frequents the forums here you can send them a message here, or you do a google search, you can usually find their personal website or facebook account and message them that way. And then, of course, as mentioned above, contact support at Daz. 

• http://www.daz3d.com/pirates-the-hair

On a second note, if this is the hair you are referring to, you'll see in the product description that there is an option to hide all, show headband etc...

So, yes, those things can be hidden.

It is always helpful to read a product description to find out more about the product and what it does.

Hope that helps,

Josh

• bsheers2003bsheers2003 Posts: 40
    edited September 2017

thxs josh...     but no, not trying to hide the prop, trying to reuse them elsewhere ...       and can't seem to tell such detail from most descriptions most of the time...           but I'm learning...       and as for some other comments above, such as contact Daz for answers to questions, I 've tried that.   Usually, my questions go unanswered.    A "Contact" button to the product under the artist / vendor's name would be ideal.         .but thxs to all who answered... 

Post edited by bsheers2003 on