Site issue and a special offer to Daz

IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This web site has constant error messages. the last few weeks recently I have been trying to post some graphics and promo art for an animation I did with daz studio

I keep getting a bunch of site errors
One, 70% of the time I keep getting 505 site not responding errors on click preview post. and upload post.

Two, 45% f the time i hit preview post or post a comment , the site sends me to the PC login page( I'm not a pc member never have been)

Third, twice on check out I got gateway failure errors. so I canceled my order and found a similar product on another site i could use. (not wanting my credit info floating around in unknown daz cyber space.)

My impression is Y'all got some serious problems with this site using Magneto and tons of site html/css errors codes. So I offer Daz a deal on my services as a ISP graphic designer for a sub-contracted fee you can hire me to fix your web site and make it CSS3/html5 with SSL qlc security socket layers under the magneto user guidelines for eCommerce store and credit card gateways. Or you can continue business as usual & loose customers and people interested in your site with these constant gateway and site loading error codes.

Please send me a PM if interested in getting your site fixed & run properly

Thank you for reading my comment
Sincerely
Ivy Summers

example of error message I get 30 % of the time

Login Required
This page is only accessible to logged-in users with proper access privileges
Member Registration

Forgotten Password
Username
Password
Auto-login on future visits?
Show my name in the online users list
Script Executed in 0.0876 seconds
{embed='Global/page_foot'

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,475
    edited December 1969

I just had the same exact problem your describing. I have no clue what can be causing it.

• edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I just had the same exact problem your describing. I have no clue what can be causing it.

What's causing it is daz has the worst site I've ever seen.

We keep telling them this and they ignore us, the customer.

The only way to fix it is to shell out some real money to someone that really does know what they are doing.

But that won't happen as they don't listen to their customers.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,584
    edited December 1969

I've seen the problems too, and I've also seen the "Site offline" Clouidfire error lately with Daz3D.com, but also with several other sites using cloudfire. (I'm in Sweden/Europe btw)

As I got a fiber yesterday (and someone screwed up the route range change info of my net to RIPE) I've been having problems connecting to about 50% of the sites I visit, so I've been having fun tracerouting to see which way I go when I end up in different sites to figure out where I end up in the bitbucket at the drain of internet and not at a site.

So, I tracerouted www.daz3d.com and I was surprised, the cloudfire server was located in Germany 36ms away, not the usual 100+ in transatlantic toll, but that also suddenly explains the problems, as changes done at the DAZ server in the US has to be mirrored to the clusters all over the world, and it seems that sometimes fails or makes the site inconsistent (which probably is a bad thing with a shop engine like magneto)

Just my 2 öre

/ Totte

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Two, 45% f the time i hit preview post or post a comment , the site sends me to the PC login page( I'm not a pc member never have been)

<headscratching> I wasn't aware there was a "PC login" page — it isn't something separate you log in to, it's a bunch of site features you have access to if you're logged in, you've bought a membership and it hasn't expired yet. Maybe you mean the site login page as a whole? That's known to be glitchy, login status can be different in the store and in the forums, and there are regular complaints of people being logged out (or timed out) in the middle of doing things. Annoying, and DAZ doesn't seem to be able to fix any of it.
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:

<headscratching> I wasn't aware there was a "PC login" page — it isn't something separate you log in to, it's a bunch of site features you have access to if you're logged in, you've bought a membership and it hasn't expired yet. Maybe you mean the site login page as a whole? That's known to be glitchy, login status can be different in the store and in the forums, and there are regular complaints of people being logged out (or timed out) in the middle of doing things. Annoying, and DAZ doesn't seem to be able to fix any of it.

when it happens again i will take a snap shot of it :)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,828
    edited January 2013

Ivy said:

There's a separate Expression Engine login page. I've only ever seen it if the forum login somehow times out. You absolutely should NOT use it, because it's not a secure login.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I get that log in when I try and go to a private forum and am not logged in or a post has been removed.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Things are getting better slowly but surely. I've had my share of troubles in the forum but not lately. In fact I seem to have been logged in for a few weeks straight. The download speed problems I had in the store seem to be gone as well. The couple of times a message hasn't been posted had valid reasons such as the thread being locked between the time I started the thread and hit post on my message. Error messages could be better.